We are excited to find a passionate, creative, detail-oriented, and resourceful Creative Producer to be part of this exciting nonprofit social enterprise. Reporting to the Studio Manager, this role is responsible for bringing BAYCAT Studio projects to life. This Creative Producer is a values-driven individual with a strong commitment to our mission, and the desire to grow professionally.
WHO WE ARE
BAYCAT is an innovative nonprofit media production company comprised of a Studio and an Academy which educates, empowers and employs low-income youth, young people of color and young women in the digital media arts.
WHAT WE CARE ABOUT
- Creating positive social change through storytelling, design & media.
- Giving a voice to those misrepresented or underrepresented.
- Doing well and doing good. As a social enterprise, we're a sustainable nonprofit business model.
- Excellence. The highest quality of services in education and media production.
- Building community, inclusion & equity.
Reporting to the Studio Manager, the Creative Producer will provide support to BAYCAT Studio. This position is responsible for coordinating and execution of creative development for all Studio related projects.
- Ensure that all Studio projects are properly realized, from conception through completion by developing creative briefs, story structures and storyboards with Creative Director and other designated Studio team members
- Collaborate closely with other content creators, designers, interns and external contractors
- Stay current and continuously innovate in regards to creative ideas to keep the creative and production processes fresh
- Keep Studio team up to date with all projects’ status and content development progress
- Participate in internal reviews and provide feedback that is aligned with the clients' needs and BAYCAT's standards of excellence
- Mentor Studio interns who are interested in pre-production
- Conduct phone calls with clients and talent in a warm, responsive and professional manner
- Respond to email inquiries promptly and professionally
- Take detailed notes during phone calls and team meetings as needed
- Pre-production timeline management in a master calendar, Google Drive and Asana
- Coordinate and create materials such as interview questions, story structures, and possible b-roll opportunities for pre-production meetings with BAYCAT team
- Onset producer, which means being client liaison with support from a Production Coordinator and/or Studio Manager
- Interview subjects for documentary style promo videos
- Develop, maintain and effectively execute project plans throughout the life of the assigned project(s) according to established procedures, and success expectations
- Maintain a shared BAYCAT information system that includes contact lists, emails, production schedules, and department calendars
- Provide administrative and/or production support to Producers and Executives as assigned
- Build and maintain good relationships with clients, partners, community members, and interns
- Help create and document Studio activities and share on social media
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO:
- Has a passion and commitment to work with local underserved communities
- LOVES brainstorming and helping a team come up with creative ideas
- Has worked as a professional digital media content creator for 2 or more years
- Is highly proficient with video pre-production workflow and/or narrative filmmaking
- Has experience with documentary filmmaking
- A natural storyteller, able to quickly construct a compelling narrative with little guidance
- Detailed-minded with the ability to prioritize and problem solve
- Has initiative and drive, ability to self-start
- Is a team player who excels in nourishing collaborative processes
Salary will be based on your experience and is competitive with other nonprofits our size. Our package includes a benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, flexible spending account (FSA), life insurance, and 403(b) retirement plan.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter, resume and link to work samples. The position is open until filled. No phone calls, please.
EOE. We Strive for a Workforce as Diverse as the Community We Serve. Women, people of color, and LGBTQ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Bayview-Hunters Point Center for Arts and Technology (BAYCAT) is a nonprofit social enterprise that educates, empowers and employs young people from historically underserved Bay Area communities in the digital media arts including: video production, music production, animation, graphic and web design.
We believe in running a nonprofit like a business, and in changing the philanthropy model. That’s why we created the “clonor” model, where clients become donors, and donors become clients.