We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We achieve this through our commitment to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which gives us the opportunity to set and deliver on ambitious, long-term goals.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team-especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. This allows for our employees to innovate and generate new ideas, put them into action, and gain insights from them to further advance our collective expertise.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2019. We strongly support the spirit of collaboration through effectively involving team members and colleagues from other relevant units when developing and executing strategies and projects. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Strategic Account Manager - US - Remote (1903309) - RTP, NC
The Strategic Account Manager is responsible for driving Professional and Specialty Solutions (P&SS) new innovation sales to channel partners and end users in the Turf & Ornamental and Pest Control business segments.
Where the Chemistry Happens...
Sales at BASF revolves around the customer experience and driving profitable growth. The foundation for this is a strong team that brings specific application, industry and market knowledge in order to understand the diverse markets where we build trusting and satisfying customer relationships.
You'll manage 4 national channel partners who cover the entire U.S. You will also reside within commutable distance of an airport and will be traveling up to 50% of the time.
Formula for Success...
- BS or higher level degree
- 10 years of experience, at least 5 of which are within Sales or Marketing within the Pest Management, Turf & Ornamentals and/or Crop Protection markets
- Demonstrated Sales and Account Management abilities for selling competitive innovations
- Experience with strategy development and new product launches
- Is a plus if you have previous direct report management responsibilities
- Reach yearly sales goals
- Build sound business relationships through service, innovation, account management and product opportunities
- Build distributor channel partner business plans to grow the overall Turf & Ornamental and Pest Control business segments
- Work with the regional sales managers and the outside sales force to coordinate customer meetings, sales training and customer support
- Work with marketing to help develop and implement marketing strategies and materials that can be used to help promote new innovations to customers and channel partners
BASF: Create Chemistry with the Agricultural Products Division
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you-the whole you-in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Job: SALE - Sales
Organization: APM/N-Speciality Products Group-60000945
Title: Strategic Account Manager - US - Remote
Location: NC-Research Triangle Park
Requisition ID: 1903309