Job Field: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Location: Houston, TX, US
Company: BASF Corporation
Job Type: Standard
Job ID: EN_US_1900148
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We achieve this through our commitment to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which gives us the opportunity to set and deliver on ambitious, long-term goals.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team-especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. This allows for our employees to innovate and generate new ideas, put them into action, and gain insights from them to further advance our collective expertise.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2017. We strongly support the spirit of collaboration through effectively involving team members and colleagues from other relevant units when developing and executing strategies and projects. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Maintenance Supervisor (1900148) - Houston, TX
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to manage all aspects of the maintenance function to ensure timely production of high quality products in a cost efficient, safe, and environmentally responsible manner. In this role, you will adhere to all state, local, federal and company guidelines for environmental situations, understand and follow all quality initiatives and processes for ISO 9001:2000, ISO 14001:2004 and other ISO regulations, procedures and processes as they pertain to job responsibilities, and manage and coordinate RC requirements as required.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
- Leveraging your education and experience in a maintenance environment, you will implement and manage the preventive maintenance program of the Houston facility, designed to reduce downtime in all aspects of manufacturing. Additionally, you will implement and track the effectiveness of preventive maintenance.
• Successfully engaging across the organization, you will assist the Superintendent and Plant Manager with engineering initiatives that lead to increased safety, performance, capacity, efficiency and utilization of BASF's assets.
- Utilizing your Engineering background with experience in manufacturing processes and material movement (preferred), you will manage capital projects at the Houston facility as assigned by the Site Manager.
• Your strong communication and conflict resolution skills will be a valued asset as you develop directives for and manage the non-exempt maintenance staff at the Houston facility.
• Your keen attention to detail will be vital in this role as you manage and monitor the Houston maintenance budget.
• Your excellent organizational skills and willingness to participate as a team member will be essential as you assume plant responsibility when the Plant Manager and Superintendent are out. This will include management of both hourly and salaried staff and conducting day to day employee relations within the policies and ethical standards of BASF.
• As a trusted resource, you will use your basic chemical knowledge and experience with construction chemicals to develop, train and lead a diverse workforce.
• Demonstrating your strong computer skills (working knowledge of SAP preferred) and experience with inventory management and management of preventative maintenance, you will design and recommend engineering initiatives to the Site Manager using appropriate software and modeling tools (ex. CAD).
• Your commitment to workplace safety will be evident as you follow all safety guidelines and support BASF and site-specific safety programs, report all unsafe conditions and accidents immediately to appropriate managers or directors, and strive for continuous improvement in housekeeping. In being responsible for the safety of yourself and others, you will be tasked with conducting maintenance safety training and manage documentation at the Houston facility.
Leadership Expectations : As a leader at BASF, you will play a key role in creating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greater personal success among our employees through quality people development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to help employees develop the competencies needed to implement BASF's strategy. Our expectation is that leaders will coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance. Our leaders must be committed to "hiring the best" internally and externally at the same time they are creating an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity. Finally, a leader at BASF must establish and support our safety culture in which all accidents are preventable.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. you@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you-the whole you-in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.