Job Field: SALE - Sales
Location: Shakopee, MN, US
Company: BASF Corporation
Job Type: Standard
Job ID: EN_US_1902033
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with strong emphasis process safety, as well as safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team-especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
Where the Chemistry Happens...
Field Service Technician - Minnesota (1902033)
Provides overall service necessary for the installation, maintenance, operation and quality control of dispenser equipment to best meet customer needs, requirements and specifications within the corporate safety guidelines. This position will monitor dispenser equipment to ensure that it is operating as expected. Performs routine maintenance and determines when and what kind of maintenance is needed. Troubleshoots and identifies what may be causing an operating error and seeks problem resolution.
- Responsible for performing advanced dispenser repairs, maintenance, install and recovery.
- Responsible for performing advanced dispenser installs such as our liquid coloring systems and remote tank level monitoring systems.
- Responsible for maintaining customer relationships at the plant level.
- Responsible for implementing and complying with companywide initiatives, policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Customer Insight: Creating a long-term dynamic consultative relationship with the customer that builds mutual trust and respect by identifying cause and effect approaches to their key business issues and pro-actively listening, advising, facilitating and responding appropriately, on-time and beyond the "Closed Sale"
- Technical Product Knowledge: Demonstrating and articulating the features and benefits of BASF construction Chemicals LLC products and services.
- Understands the customer's processes sufficiently to recommend the most appropriated solutions to meet their needs. Is perceived by the customer as a value-added technical resource to help the customer to "uncomplicate the complicated".
- Professional Expertise: Possessing the expertise, knowledge and strong personal commitment, in an ever growing and competitive marketplace, to analyze, anticipate and then take advantage of BASF Construction Chemicals, LLC's strengths in order to stay always ahead of that real or perceived competition.
- Services Minnesota and the surrounding area.
- Will have 100% travel requiring overnight stays on average of 5 - 8 times a month.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You...
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You @BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you-the whole you-in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You...
- High School or GED degree required
- 2 years of experience in basic computer skills
- 2 years of experience in process plumbing, wiring, mechanics
- Must have a valid Driver's License and be able to drive for extended time
- Electrical and mechanical industrial maintenance experience preferred
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.