We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We achieve this through our commitment to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which gives us the opportunity to set and deliver on ambitious, long-term goals.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. This allows for our employees to innovate and generate new ideas, put them into action, and gain insights from them to further advance our collective expertise.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2017. We strongly support the spirit of collaboration through effectively involving team members and colleagues from other relevant units when developing and executing strategies and projects. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Financial Analyst – Home and Personal Care Solutions (1804991) – Florham Park, NJ
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to join our Care Chemical division. The BASF division of Care Chemicals offers a broad range of ingredients for hygiene, personal care, home care, industrial and institutional cleaning, and technical applications. We are the leading supplier for the cosmetics industry as well as the detergents and cleaning agents industry and support our customers worldwide with innovative and sustainable products, solutions, and concepts. The division’s high-performance product portfolio includes surfactants, emulsifiers, polymers, emollients, chelating agents, cosmetic active ingredients, pigments, and UV filters. Super-absorbents developed for the full spectrum of hygiene applications complete the range. We have production and development sites in all regions and are expanding our presence in emerging markets. Further information is available at: www.care-chemicals.basf.com.
You will be based at the BASF North America headquarters in Florham Park, NJ, reporting to the Business Financial Manager, Home and Personal Care Solutions. Under minimal supervision, you will be responsible for financial analysis associated with forecasting, planning, and the preparation of capital appropriations for the Home Care Solutions business. The analyses can be operational or strategic in nature and may include economic analysis support to marketing and manufacturing. Additionally, you will support the manager in monitoring actual performance against operating plan, forecasts, and prior periods highlighting potential problem areas requiring management attention, as well as making recommendations for resolution.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
- Leveraging your education in Finance, Accounting, Quantitative Methods, or a technical discipline, you will support the Finance Manager in responsibility for the Home Care Solutions P&L and Balance Sheet and own transfer pricing maintenance and PVX reporting for the Business Unit.
- Demonstrating your experience in financial analysis and economic evaluations, you will perform financial analyses associated with cash flow and accuracy of monthly forecast with actual results. Additionally, you will assist in the preparation and development of the Operational Plan and forecasts.
- Using your advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint (particularly in creating charts and graphs) and expertise in SAP or comparable systems, you will review and follow-up on the resolution of data on month-end information and review profit and loss information in SAP to investigate and coordinate the correction of major deviations from normal. Additionally, you will create measurement tools and presentation graphs for management, including coordinating the preparation of monthly profit/loss position for the Home Care Solutions business and create management, control, and steering tools in Excel, Tableau, etc.
- Your strong organizational skills and attention to detail will be essential as you coordinate the gathering/assembly of marketing and sales data and forecast monthly and annual profit/loss position for the business.
- Successfully engaging across the organization, you will provide financial competitive and customer analysis of the Home Care Solutions market in coordination with the market intelligence team and provide financial support for Home Care Solutions customer negotiations.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.