Grooming Salon Supervisor at BARK+BOARDING
- Posted: over a month ago
Position: Grooming Supervisor
Reports to: General Manager
This position requires an enthusiastic, patient approach to dealing with the pets; ability to learn and adhere to Bark + Boardings standards and procedures; humane treatment of the animals at all times is required; must learn and develop skills necessary to effectively and efficiently bathe and finish pets. The position is physically demanding and requires the ability to be exposed to water, soaps, and blowing air for extended periods of time; must be able to stand for entire work day and have the ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Actively manage adherence to Bark + Boarding’s quality standards and Grooming operating systems/procedures.
- Role model and actively influence the behavior of bathers and groomers to ensure Bark + Boarding’s beliefs are reflected in daily practice, promoting a safe and healthy work environment and superior customer experience.
- Actively develop bathers and groomers to support the organizations talent pipeline and drive growth.
- Ensure client information is captured on Grooming Sheets.
- Ensure client communication is being done sufficiently and appropriate information is being relayed to staff and clients as needed.
- Represent, support and protect the Bark + Boarding brand.
- Assist new facility openings as required.
- Ability to groom dogs to breed standard, to include dematting, shavedowns, pattern clips and hand-scissoring.
- Ability to communicate clearly with clients to ensure the clients’ grooming instructions are interpreted and followed correctly.
- Actively monitor client satisfaction to ensure adherence with B+B standards. Handle
- Assist GM in maintaining a full and properly trained grooming staff.
- Grooming Schedule coverage as needed (5 days/week including weekends and holidays)
- Responsible for maintaining and ordering supplies for the Grooming Salon.
- With the GM, manage the hiring, supervision and development of Grooming staff. When necessary, assist employee counseling and corrective action (which may include terminations).
- Communicates effectively with clientele to ensure the clients’ wishes are captured and followed through the Grooming process.
- Certified through an accredited Grooming school.
- Minimum 2 years Grooming experience.
- Familiarity with dogs, dog breeds, dog behavior either through formal training or work experience.
- Affection for animals, concern for their welfare and a willingness to accommodate animals in the workplace.
- Dependable, reliable, and highly motivated.
- Ability to stand, sit or walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to bend, lift and reach.
- Ability to lift and move objects and animals weighing up to 50 pounds for short distances and to humanely restrain an animal when necessary.
- Ability to withstand prolonged exposure to cat and dog hair.
- Rabies inoculations are required or must be waived.
Compensation for this position will be a combination of commission for all grooming services + hourly for supervisor responsibilities. Commission is based upon grooming experience and skill level.
Available shifts and compensation: We have available shifts all days of the week. Compensation depends on your experience.
About BarkandBoarding: Are you interested in helping others? Are you committed to personal and compassionate client and pet care? Bark + Boarding, a fast-growing pet care company located in Baileys Crossroads, VA, Want to join a team that has been awarded The Washington Post's Top Workplaces Award multiple times as well as Smart CEO Magazine's Corporate Culture award twice! Learn more about us at www.BarkandBoarding.com.
By applying to this job, you agree to receive periodic text messages from this employer and Homebase about your pending job application. Opt out anytime. Msg & data rates may apply.
Powered by Homebase. Free employee scheduling, time clock and hiring tools.
AddressFalls Church, VA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?