BAMBUZA Vietnam Bistro Santa Ana, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Seeking Exceptional Barista at Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, John Wayne Airport
Compensation: 14.00/Hour + Tips
Employment type: part-time (20/hrs a week)
The Barista is responsible for serving all products with friendly, individualized attention towards each Guest. He or she is also responsible for educating Guests about our premium coffees and teas. The Barista will fulfill any other duties the General Manager, Assistant General Manager or Shift Supervisor assigns and will represent The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf ® in a professional manner.
Working at John Wayne Airport requires that all employees pass a background check and follow security protocols.
The Barista is responsible for maintaining the key business areas listed:
- Sells and serves products to Guests in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Participates in all sales promotions effectively and efficiently.
- Safely handles all hot and cold drinks during drink preparation.
- Verbally receives and calls back Guest orders in a friendly manner.
- Reports all Guest complaints to manager on duty.
- Responds pro-actively to prevent Guest service situations.
- Accurately rings sales orders into cash register and counts back change to Guests in a courteous and friendly manner, following all safe cash handling procedures.
- Answers telephone in a courteous and friendly manner including but not limited to giving store greeting, directions to store location, receiving and filling Guest orders, and other airport-related activities.
- Answers Guest questions regarding products, service or environment in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Packages all retail and beverage Guest orders according to company guidelines.
- Sells and serves baked goods and miscellaneous food items to Guests.
- Maintains efficient, friendly service standards
- Restocks shelves and storage room when necessary.
- Routinely maintains cleanliness of kiosk, floor, and grinders, take out trash, etc.
- Follows brand guidelines in environment and takes ownership in the store cleanliness.
- Assists in the distribution of weekly shipments.
- Reports potential safety hazards to the manager on duty.
- Reports all employee accidents to the manager on duty.
- Informs the manager on duty of any operational inconsistencies.
- Perpetuates company philosophy and culture.
- Maintains a high level of motivation to ensure quality and consistent product.
- Ensures that all Guests are educated on our products and services.
- Maintains the highest quality, consistent product standards.
- Follows all company drink recipes and procedures.
- Passes monthly re-certifications, in a timely manner.
- Assists in maintaining a clean, well-merchandised store.
- Assists in following visual presentation plans and standards.
- Able to train new baristas.
- Runs errands, when needed.
- Works special events, as needed.
- Maintains positive company morale.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, talk and hear.
- Frequently required to use hand to finger motions, handle or feel objects, reach with hands and arms.
- Regularly required to lift and / or move items up to 30 pounds.
- Vision requirements: Close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust and focus.
- Regularly required to handle food and hot beverages.
- Experience in retail / specialty store or food establishment preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented.
- Register and cash handling experience.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
- Current Food Handler’s Card.
Bambuza OC Ventures, LLC - a Franchise, dba The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf® is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or federal law. The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf® expressly prohibits any form of employee harassment or discrimination on the basis of any such protected status. The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf® provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy was intended to comply, and The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf® so complies, with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation and training. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
Available shifts and compensation: We have available shifts all days of the week. Compensation is $14.00 - $15.25/hour.
By applying to this job, you agree to receive periodic text messages from this employer and Homebase about your pending job application. Opt out anytime. Msg & data rates may apply.
Powered by Homebase. Free employee scheduling, time clock and hiring tools.
BAMBUZA Vietnam Bistro
18601 Airport Way Santa AnaSanta Ana, CA
FoodView all jobs at BAMBUZA Vietnam Bistro