In this role, the Desktop Support Specialist will be responsible for first and second level problem determination, problem/incident recording, and problem escalation for supported products and services. These products and services include PC and Mac desktops, client/server systems, desktop application software, peripheral devices, and basic networking.
Resolve technology issues reported by Help Desk
· Provide first and second level contact and problem resolution for all users with hardware, software and applications problems
· Resolve as many user-reported problems as expertise permits using available tools, following procedures and policies for the handling of support cases
· Courteously obtain and convey concise problem information for external and internal service personnel
· Provide accurate and timely logging of problems and resolution for problems
· Escalate problems as appropriate following department procedures
· Act as a liaison between customers and internal support staff to assure accurate problem interpretation. Maintain communications with customers during the problem resolution process
· Utilize superior customer service skills
· Perform Help Desk expeditor functions and other duties as assigned
Documentation, records and procedures
· Review and update Help Desk documentation as assigned
· Review and recommend modifications to procedures
· Knowledge of the following technologies: Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Windows Server, Active Directory, Remote Desktop Services, Microsoft Print Services.
· Apple Mac OS X experience preferred
· Demonstrated analytical and troubleshooting skills