About the Role
This position will be responsible for the development and deployment of data warehousing solutions and Business Intelligence applications. You should have a background in data and business analysis with a strong working knowledge of business trends, able to read and analyze data, and share trends. You should have strong organizational, critical thinking, and communication skills.
A Day in the Life
· Experienced working with large of amounts of data, developing client specific reporting solutions and helping organizations increase the quality and efficiency of their reporting capabilities.
· Collaborate with business leaders, enterprise data architect and subject-matter experts to define a strategy for data warehousing and business analytics, develop models, procedures, and protocols for reporting in concert with company goals.
· Build reports from data using tools from Microsoft BI stack, Cognos, Planning & Analytics, Domo.
· Very strong TSQL expertise and experience is required for this role.
· Experience with a BI tool such as IBM COGNOS, Tableau.
· Strong experience with ETL development, preferably SSIS (MS-SQL server integration services)
· Experience in designing, implementing, supporting AWS or Azure on-premises database models is important.
· Advanced knowledge of database security, backup and recovery, and performance monitoring standards.
· Expertise in PostgreSQL, Heroku, PgAdmin is desired.
· Conducting performance tuning and optimization for database queries and SQL stored procedures.
· Participates in all phases of the SDLC to ensure and verify that the design meets defined business requirements
What Sets You Apart
· Ability to communicate effectively with team members.
· Understanding of Finance & Accounting, CRM, Inventory & SCM.
· Financial Services and process improvement experience a plus.
· Ability to work under pressure on multiple projects within your project timeframes
Education and Experience
· 10+ years of hands-on work experience with SQL & Database.
· 5+ Years of experience in data warehousing & data management using MSBI stack (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Power BI, SQL Server).
· Excellent organizational and Communication skills.
· Data modeling and Data analysis experience.
· Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a similar degree desired.