B.L. Harbert International is looking for a Quality Control Manager for various locations overseas. On many of our projects, the QC Manager is the single point of contact for the client and holds the highest authority and responsibility for the control of construction quality. The QC Manager will coordinate and manage a team of multi-national discipline engineers that will provide the infrastructure necessary to ensure the control of construction quality.
· Coordinate with the BLHI Project Engineer and the BLHI Construction Superintendent in all matters related to the field.
· Represent BLHI in all matters pertaining to Quality Control on-site with the client.
· Manage the review and evaluation of technical requirements and documents for specified quality criteria.
· Develop and manage QC inspection and test procedures and instructions.
· Monitor QC facilities and activities assuring compliance with test procedure requirements.
· Oversee and manage the QC staff to ensure that all contract requirements are being met
· Oversee all concrete testing in accordance with ACI and ASTM testing procedures and standards. In most cases, these tests are self-performed in an in-house/on-site lab. The QC Manager must know how to perform these tests and instruct others how to do so.
· Manage Quality Control inspections including closures and punch-lists.
· Manage project close-out and commissioning activities.
· US citizen. Willing to travel abroad on assignments in the vicinity of site for 2-4 years
· Possess or have the ability to obtain and maintain a clearance through the US Government
· Undergraduate Degree in an Engineering related discipline or Construction Management discipline
· 5+ years’ experience in the field of Construction Quality Control
· Experience in highly technical Department of Defense or Department of State projects
· Experience as CQC Manager on a successful DOD or DOS project overseas
· Experience with the USACE QMS program
· Proficiency in MS Office
· ACI Certification
To perform the duties of this job, the employee must:
· Have the ability to repetitively use hands to grasp, reach above and below with arms, and work overhead
· Have the ability to stand, sit, walk, stoop, kneel, squat, crawl, climb, bend, balance and twist for extended periods
· Have the ability to frequently lift and/or push or pull up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and/or push or pull up to 75 pounds
· Possess the manual dexterity to utilize and operate construction tools and/or construction equipment and machinery
· Possess physical agility and mobility, to include safely maneuvering throughout the job site
To perform the duties of this job, the employee
· Must be able to work 60-hours/week, six days/week, 10 hours/day
· May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration
· Will have occasional exposure to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites including frequent loud noises
· Must be comfortable with regular work near moving mechanical parts and outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt
B.L. Harbert International, LLC offers an excellent remuneration package including a competitive US base salary, applicable overseas uplifts, completion bonus, local housing, post allowance, local transportation, 30-days per year vacation, 401K plan and group insurance.
B.L. Harbert International, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer