This is an excellent opportunity to join BC MedEquip a Premier mobility and Home Medical Equipment company. BC MedEquip is a leading supplier of wheelchairs, scooters, hospital beds, patient lifts, mobility aids and home accessibility. We are seeking an organized and motivated individual to join our team at our Burnaby, and Metro Vancouver location.
The Service Technician services, repairs and delivers durable medical equipment according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Delivering, setting up, adjusting and installing durable medical equipment within a home and/or facility when required. This equipment includes wheelchairs, hospital beds, lifts. Moderate lifting is required.
- Trains/educates customers and caregivers in the proper use, care, and safety of equipment purchased or rented. Performs minor fitting and adjustments of equipment.
- Inspecting, troubleshooting, repairing of medical equipment in the field and shop.
- Preparing all necessary paperwork accurately and following certain procedures. Completing vehicle checklist as required.
- Maintaining a clean, safe and organized workplace environment including delivery vehicle, shop and warehouse.
- Clean and maintain rental inventory
- Technical Training (provided by company)
- Follows all safety procedures as required.
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office, Internet and email
- Technical knowledge and experience with mechanical and electrical systems
- Listens well and retains instructions; accepts constructive feedback from supervisor.
- Requires pushing, pulling, including lifting of 100 lbs.
- A strong work ethic and outgoing positive attitude
- Can work independently and problem solve when issues arise
- Must have excellent customer service, organizational and time management skills and detail oriented
- Competent to perform the Services in a healthcare setting
- Comply with all applicable WorkSafeBC and healthcare facility policies.
- A valid BC driver’s license and acceptable drivers abstract,
We believe that people should be recognized and rewarded for their hard work, dedication and excellent performance. B.C. MedEquip has several programs to recognize accomplishments within the company and the communities we serve.
- The opportunity to expand your knowledge and skill set with a top-performing team
- We offer competitive benefits ( Health, Dental, Vision travel insurance)
- Room to grow within the organization
- Ongoing coaching and paid training programs
- Weekday Monday to Friday 9 to 5.
- Fun culture
- Paid overtime
Please forward resume and covering letter to the email address above. Please note only candidates chosen for interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary based on qualification