Parts Associate – RV Dealership
We need a reliable, professional parts counterperson to purchase, sell, store and issue parts within our busy dealership. The Parts Associate will also walk customers through new RVs, provide basic orientation of features and functions and recommend add-on parts. No experience required but good people skills is a must.
- Determine needs and accurately specify parts accordingly
- Create and modify purchase orders
- Issue purchase orders to appropriate vendor to order parts
- Record warranty parts returned
- Create special ordered parts on dealership computer system and notify ASM, technician or client upon receipt
- Review special order parts tracking
- Process and close open invoices
- Compare invoices against requisitions to verify quality and quantity of merchandise received
- Keep records of outside purchases and parts received and issued
- Perform ongoing warehouse parts inventory
- Walk customers through new RVs, provide basic orientation of features and functions and recommend add-on parts
- Attend weekly department meetings
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or GED
$15-$17 per hour, depending on experience. Bonus opportunites for customer walk thrus and part sales.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Benefits include medical, vision and dental insurance, 401K retirement savings plan with match, vacation time, holiday and sick leave, company paid continuing education and training. Our company maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all associates. We hire, train, promote and compensate associates on the basis of personal and professional competence and potential for advancement without regard for race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability or citizenship, as well as other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
At B. Young RV we know our success begins with our people. Our ability to achieve our goals is directly impacted by the people who define our company. We look for people who share our commitment to exceptional customer service, act ethically, have the will and desire to be a productive team member, and are driven to succeed. We are a family owned and operated RV dealership based out of Portland, Oregon and we are looking for individuals to join our vastly growing team. If you want to work in an exciting, faced paced environment that offers competitive pay, vacation time and excellent benefits then we have the job for you!
Be Young, Have Fun