About B. Braun
B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in infusion therapy and pain management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative medical products and services to the healthcare industry. Other key product areas include nutrition, pharmacy admixture and compounding, ostomy and wound care, and dialysis. The company is committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional Systems, Aesculap® and CAPS®.
Globally, the B. Braun Group of Companies employs more than 61,000 employees in 64 countries. Guided by its Sharing Expertise® philosophy, B. Braun continuously exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and clinicians to address the critical issues of improving care and lowering costs. To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit www.BBraunUSA.com.
To maintain and grow B.Braun's business by leading, motivating and maximizing performance of sales representatives in a defined region.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Hire high caliber employees to assume sales positions in the region when needed.
- 100% Achievement of region's sales plan.
- Train new sales representatives and provide ongoing support and motivation for all direct reports.
- Supervise and support all sales activities of direct reports, providing motivation and direction consistent with company goals and objectives.
- Evaluate performance of subordinates with annual written performance reviews, as well as provide consistent feedback and direction on an on-going basis.
- Improve the company's position in the marketplace through sales representative's growth of current business and gaining competitive business in the region.
- Increase market share through sales representative's ability to sign regional/integrated health networks and the promotion of CAPS.
- Assist representatives in managing their large sales opportunities as well as assist with risk management.
- Responsible for annual budget planning for the region to include all fixed operating expenses and personnel.
- Provide reports to senior management as directed, including but not limited to: annual budget plan, annual sales plan, quarterly reports, monthly report and ad-hoc reports.
- Facilitate upward communication of region's goals and objectives achieved/not achieved.
- Review and approve weekly expense reports of direct reports.
- Minimize regional operating expenses and oversee expenditures of direct reports.
- Identify and promote top performing employees for various opportunities within the organization.
- Strong computer aptitude.
- Extensive knowledge of B.Braun's products and services.
- Advanced understanding of hospital structure and role of personnel
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong math aptitude.
- Ability to initiate projects and tasks with little or no direction.
- Ability to make decisions independently, sometimes without many facts available, to solve a customer or employee problem or concern.
- Ability to work well independent of supervision, as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to work well with diverse personalities and backgrounds of people.
- Ability to handle high-pressure sales and interpersonal situations with confidence and ease.
- Ability to travel extensively and work odd hours and shifts.
- Professional image.
Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field.
- Beneficial to have a minimum of 4+ years previous experience in the sales of B.Braun products.
- Must have held two previous positions within the sales organization, in any combination of either ITS, Continuing Care, PSS, CCS or Infusion Systems Specialist.
- Proven track record of sales performance at B.Braun.
- Business travel (domestic).
- Valid driver's license and current automobile registration and insurance.
- Previous management experience.
- Advanced training in selling and negotiating.
- Completion of Braun's graduate training curriculum.
B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com.
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
Responsibilities: Other Duties
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.