CAPS is the nation's largest network of outsourcing admixture pharmacies. A pioneer in the outsourcing of CSPs, CAPS was founded in 1991, and delivers high-quality, same-day, admixture services and solutions to hospitals and outpatient facilities across the nation. CAPS has three 503B Outsourcing Facilities that are registered with the FDA to provide anticipatory compounding services. CAPS also has 22 state licensed 503A regional pharmacies that dispense labeled, patient-specific prescriptions. To learn more, visit www.capspharmacy.com.
Prepares compounded sterile products and performs related activities under the direction of a pharmacist.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Prepares compounded sterile products using aseptic technique.
- Assists in the set up of the compounding room, equipment, and supplies for preparation of compounded sterile solutions, using aseptic technique.
- Performs general cleaning and maintenance duties as directed.
- Participates in cleanroom product introduction activities.
- Prepares records and monitors results for pharmaceutical quality assurance testing.
- Participates in and delivers training as required by supervisor
- Knowledge of IV products and compounding procedures.
- Knowledge of proper gowning procedure and aseptic technique.
- General knowledge of USP 797 and cGMP's.
- Ability to perform pharmacy calculations and adhere to policies and procedures.
- Ability to apply basic phone etiquette skills when speaking to customers.
Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Technician registration where required.
- National Pharmacy Technician Certification and certificate from accredited school in states where required.
- Minimum of one year experience in aseptic preparation of compounded sterile products.
- Effective communication skills.
- National Pharmacy Technician Certification (PTCB).
B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com..
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
Responsibilities: Other Duties
- Maintains customer relationships.
- Ability to stand and/or sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to reach, grasp, stoop, pull and perform repetitive motion procedures.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Indoors, cleanroom, working environment limited to a small area, wearing protective cleanroom attire, tolerating controlled temperatures and loud noise.