With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its \"Sharing Expertise®\" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic.
Represent and promote full portfolio of IV Systems and Nutrition products (IV and Irrigation Solutions, IV Sets, Safety IV Catheters, Large Volume Pumps and Disposable Pump Sets, Syringe Pumps, Safety IV Catheters, Pharmacy Admixture Products, Clincal Nutrition Products, and Drug Delivery Solutions) by interacting with established customers and developing new prospects. Utilize Product Specialists to provide technical support when selling Safety IV Catheters, Large Volume and Syringe Pumps, and Clinical Nutrition Products.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Call on Pharmacists, Hospital Administrators, Materials Managers, Nurses and any other individuals who are decision makers in the sales process.
- Work through third parties for product promotion and delivery when required.
- Maintain relationships with internal B.Braun departments, i.e., Marketing, Technical Services, Customer Service, Region office, ASC support.
- Prepare and deliver effective presentations providing solutions to potential customers.
- Compare competitive proposals and offer creative solutions to customers.
- Coordinate product trials and implementations for clinical staff.
- Assist peers with product trials and conversions.
- Retrieve and return damaged pumps or defective products from customers.
- Develop and maintain a sales pipeline of new business opportunities sufficient to meet Sales , GP, and Unit Quotas.
- Participate in ride-along's for employment candidates and new hires.
- Communicate comprehensive and efficient hospital reports to management as directed.
- Maintain weekly expense reports.
- Prepare territory forecasts to goal attainment.
- Maintain accurate customer records, call documentation, and written correspondence.
- Proficient computer aptitude and knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Powerpoint, Excel).
- Thorough knowledge of B.Braun's IV Systems products and services.
- Thorough understanding of hospital structure and role of personnel.
- Thorough understanding of Hospital Group Purchasing Organizations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to initiate projects and tasks with little or no direction.
- Ability to make decisions independently, sometimes without many facts available, to solve a customer problem or concern.
- Ability to work well independent of supervision, as well as in a team environment.
- Professional image.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field.
- Business travel (domestic).
- Valid driver's license and current automobile registration and insurance
- Previous medical or pharmaceutical sales experience.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.