About B. Braun
B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in infusion therapy and pain management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative medical products and services to the healthcare industry. Other key product areas include nutrition, pharmacy admixture and compounding, ostomy and wound care, and dialysis. The company is committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional Systems, Aesculap® and CAPS®.
Globally, the B. Braun Group of Companies employs more than 61,000 employees in 64 countries. Guided by its Sharing Expertise® philosophy, B. Braun continuously exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and clinicians to address the critical issues of improving care and lowering costs. To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit www.BBraunUSA.com.
Through administrative and secretarial support, provides positive customer service as well as processes all incoming, outgoing, and interoffice mail; assist with copying, binding, office equipment and supply needs to all levels of department personnel.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Perform administrative and secretarial assignments on behalf of supervisor and department staff.
- Draft, type, proofread, and edit correspondences, reports, memos, logs and other forms of internal and external records and communications.
- Create graphical displays and special templates for departmental and company presentations.
- Schedule meetings, conferences, presentation, and presentation equipment. Maintain daily calendars for meetings and events for management personnel.
- Greet and refer callers and visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Send and distribute faxes, copy, mail and file various departmental and company documents.
- Order office supplies as needed.
- Assist in the processing, sorting, and delivering of incoming and outgoing Certified, Registered, U.S., and interoffice mail for the department three times a day; logging incoming Federal Express mail.
- Office procedures and practices.
- Departmental and company policies and administrative procedures.
- Business correspondence writing methods.
- English grammar, spelling, punctuation and usage.
- Word processing, database, presentation and spreadsheet software applications programs.
- Knowledge of entire MS Office Suite software and Internet.
- Filing techniques.
- Ability to interact with all levels of personnel and provide positive customer service to them.
- Type at or above a net rate of 60 words per minute using a computer keyboard or typewriter.
- Accurately record or transcribe minutes from meetings.
- Operate standard office equipment including calculator and telecommunications devices.
- Communicate and work cooperatively with all levels of staff, management, departmental representatives, vendors, contractors and the general public.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Independently plan and complete work assignments within established deadlines.
- Research, draft and compile records, reports, and communications.
- Schedule meetings and conferences.
- Organize and maintain filing systems.
- Maintain the confidentiality of private company information.
- Ability to conduct and present oneself in a professional manner is required.
Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc
- Two or more years of administrative and secretarial support experience. Educational attainment equivalent to graduation from high school, supplemented by specialized course work or training n the use of word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and database software application programs.
B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com.
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.