Pharmacy Systems Specialist
B. Braun Medical Inc. Chicago, IL
- Posted: April 27, 2021
About B. Braun
B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in infusion therapy and pain management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative medical products and services to the healthcare industry. Other key product areas include nutrition, pharmacy admixture and compounding, ostomy and wound care, and dialysis. The company is committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional Systems, Aesculap® and CAPS®.
Globally, the B. Braun Group of Companies employs more than 61,000 employees in 64 countries. Guided by its Sharing Expertise® philosophy, B. Braun continuously exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and clinicians to address the critical issues of improving care and lowering costs. To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit www.BBraunUSA.com.
The Pharmacy Systems Specialist is responsible for all sales activities within their respective territory, with focus on CAPS 503A & 503B business, B.Braun Sterile Generic Drug Injectables, Compounding Systems including Pinnacle/ APEX compounders & disposables, and BBraun Parenteral Nutrition Solutions.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Maintains and grows CAPS 503A sales and directs the selling efforts and provides account management for existing CAPS locations in assigned territory. Develops expansion market opportunities through direct involvement in presentations and consultative sales efforts with customers and B.Braun sales teams.
- Maintains and grows 503B product sales.
- Collaborate and interface with CAPS operations to plan and implement new business opportunities, 503A & 503B.
- Sell B. Braun generic injectable medications into the US market and increase B. Braun’s market share
- Protect & expand B.Braun Parenteral Nutrition Portfolio, place Pinnacle/ APEX Compounding systems and respective compounding disposables into U.S Hospitals.
- Maintain relationships with internal B.Braun and CAPS departments, i.e., Enterprise, Marketing, Technical Services, Customer Service, CAPS Operations, QA, IT, HR and Finance.
- Build relationships with key contacts in the hospital/IDN to include Pharmacy, Dietitians, Nursing, Physicians, Administrators and Supply Chain Executives, etc. to leverage selling opportunities.
- Maintain & build a pipeline to achieve 100% of sales quota.
- Contract management and negotiation skills
- Working knowledge of GPOs, IDNs, and Distributors.
- Compare competitive proposals, offer consultative solutions, and develop contracts for customers.
- Serve as a clinical resource to customers and peers.
- Communicate comprehensive and efficient hospital reports to management as directed.
- Maintain weekly expense reports.
- Maintain accurate customer records and follow up, along with customer contact information electronically in Saleforce.com or other applicable B.Braun/ CAPS database programs.
- Respond in a timely manner to all communications; written, voice-mail and e-mail.
- Travel to all areas in sales territory inclusive of required meetings, conventions and training classes.=
- Maintains and grows sales of CAPS services and B. Braun Nutrition products (CAPS, base and specialty nutrition, Pinnacle, TPN Compounding disposables, and Pinnacle TPN Manager) by interacting with established customers and developing new prospects.
- Directs the selling efforts and account management for existing CAPS locations in assigned territory.
- Motivates and coaches selling efforts of B. Braun sales representatives as it relates to positioning CAPS
- and B. Braun Nutrition.
- Develops expansion market opportunities through direct involvement in presentations and consultative sales efforts with customers and BBraun sales teams.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Strong knowledge of B.Braun and CAPS’ IV products and services.
- Understands competitors’ products and services.
- Strong understanding of hospital structure and role of personnel, knowledge of the healthcare market place/trends.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both in person and virtually.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills / ability to collect and analyze financial data.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Ability to initiate projects and tasks with little or no direction.
- Ability to make decisions independently, sometimes without many facts available, to solve a customer problem or concern.
- Ability to work well independent of supervision, as well as in a team environment. May periodically assist in orienting, training, and/or reviewing the work of other peers.
- Professional image.
- Requires full working knowledge of relevant business practices and procedures in professional field. Uses standard theories, principles and concepts and integrates them to propose a course of action.
- Works under general supervision. Relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish assigned goals. May periodically assist in orienting, training, and/or reviewing the work of other peers.
- Judgement is required in resolving all day-to-day problems.
- Contacts are primarily with department supervisors, leads, subordinates, and peers. Occasional contact with external contractors/vendors.
Strongly Preferred: Qualifications -Education/Experience/Training/Etc
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- Three or more years of successful sales or marketing experience in a hospital environment.
- Good computer aptitude-(i.e. Salesforce.com, Outlook, Microsoft Office, etc.)
- Requires previous sales experience in Health Care, Hospital and Outpatient markets with emphasis in Pharmacy, Intravenous Sterile Injectables, Parenteral Nutrition and/or Sterile Compounding
- Frequent overnight business travel (domestic).
- Valid driver’s license
Expertise: Qualifications -Education/Experience/Training/Etc
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 0-02 years related experience required.
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Frequent business travel required, Valid driver's license and passport
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com.
Through its “Sharing Expertise®” initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is expected to:
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 lbs of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Lifting, Carrying, Pushing, Pulling and Reaching:
- Occasionally:Reaching upward and downward, Push/pull, Stand
- Occasionally:Climbing stairs/ladders, Push/pull, Reaching upward and downward, Standing, Walking
- Frequently:Finger feeling, Hearing - ordinary, fine distinction, loud (hearing protection required), Seeing - depth perception, color vision, field of vision/peripheral, Sitting , Talking - ordinary, loud/quick
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Noise Intensity:Moderate
- Constantly:Office environment
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled