About B. Braun
B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in infusion therapy and pain management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative medical products and services to the healthcare industry. Other key product areas include nutrition, pharmacy admixture and compounding, ostomy and wound care, and dialysis. The company is committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional Systems, Aesculap® and CAPS®.
Globally, the B. Braun Group of Companies employs more than 61,000 employees in 64 countries. Guided by its Sharing Expertise® philosophy, B. Braun continuously exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and clinicians to address the critical issues of improving care and lowering costs. To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit www.BBraunUSA.com.
This position will be responsible for troubleshooting and maintenance of Automation and Controls systems in a dynamic environment requiring minimal downtime of the machinery. Responsibilities include fast response for troubleshooting to sustain machinery uptime when unscheduled downtime occurs, identification of improvements, light programming (modifications/configuration), and preventive/corrective maintenance for automation and control systems. May be required to participate in projects implementation as a technical Subject Matter Expert. Production equipment to be supported includes automated and packaging machines. Automation and Controls Systems include: Allen Bradley, Siemens, GE, Telemechanic and Modicon PLCs; Wonderware In-Touch and Rockwell HMIs; Cognex, Fanuc IR Vision and Schneider Vision Systems; Ethernet IP and DeviceNet communication protocols; VFDs, and Motion Controls Systems (robot and servo motors). Automated equipment to be supported includes: Molders, Conveyors, Sterilizers, Packaging Equipment, Printers, Leak Detectors, Particle Inspection Systems, and Filling and Finishing machines.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Performs scheduled maintenance on manufacturing machines and systems.
- Repairs the malfunction of machines, systems and auxiliary equipment.
- Routinely checks on machinery and systems for signs of fault in order to prevent or minimize downtime and interruptions.
- Initiates improvement on the functionality of machines and equipment to increase its efficiency.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the field's policies, procedures and practices.
- Will become the subject matter expert at higher levels of job.
- For more senior position, might act as a team leader to ensure that the work meets agreed targets by directly overseeing team members.
- Documents activities accordingly.
The job function listed is not exhaustive and shall also include any responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Troubleshooting and maintenance of Automation and Controls systems in a dynamic environment requiring minimal downtime of the machinery. Document symptom, root cause, solution and preventive recommendations.
- Fast response for troubleshooting to sustain machinery uptime when unscheduled downtime related to automation, controls, sensors, servos, VFS, and other electronic components occurs.
- Identification of improvements. Programming (minor modifications/configuration) to implement improvements in the PLC Logic and HMIs. Save, upload and download programs when modification/improvements are implemented.
- Redaction of GMP documentation such as change request, specifications red-lines and test scripts.
- Preventive/corrective maintenance for automation and control systems.
- Participate in projects as technical Subject Matter Expert.
- Read/develop/red-line electrical, instrumentation and communication drawings/sketches.
- Research and specify new equipment, sensors and parts to improve the process.
- Adjustment of pick points on robots.
- Execute equipment and control system modifications adhering to Pharmaceutical and Medical Devices GMP change control standards and policies.
- Train users and peers on control system functionality (programmable logic controller, computer/control networks, and instrumentation).
- Support software life cycle efforts to maintain systems current.
- High school diploma/G.E.D required
- 08+ years related experience OR PBS requirements completed and pass assessment at appropriate level.
- Occasional business travel required
- Valid driver's license and passport
Associate's or technical degree preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com.
Through its “Sharing Expertise®” initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is expected to:
- Moderate work – Exerting up to 40 lbs of force occasionally, and/or up to 20lbs of force frequently, and/or 10 lbs force constantly to move objects.
Lifting, Carrying, Pushing, Pulling and Reaching:
- Occasionally: Sit
- Frequently: Reaching upward and downward, Push/pull, Stand
- Constantly: N/A
- Occasionally: Sitting, Stooping/squatting
- Frequently: Handling, Push/pull, Reaching upward and downward, Standing, Talking - ordinary, loud/quick, Walking
- Constantly: N/A
- Occasionally: N/A
- Frequently: N/A
- Constantly: Proximity to moving parts
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Noise Intensity: Moderate
- Occasionally: Office environment
- Frequently: N/A
- Constantly: Production/manufacturing environment