About B. Braun
B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in infusion therapy and pain management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative medical products and services to the healthcare industry. Other key product areas include nutrition, pharmacy admixture and compounding, ostomy and wound care, and dialysis. The company is committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional Systems, Aesculap® and CAPS®.
Globally, the B. Braun Group of Companies employs more than 61,000 employees in 64 countries. Guided by its Sharing Expertise® philosophy, B. Braun continuously exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and clinicians to address the critical issues of improving care and lowering costs. To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit www.BBraunUSA.com.
Promote sales of Critical Care products (Pain Control, IV Anesthesia Sets, OR Disinfection Stations, Regional Anesthesia Ultrasound and Pain Management Pharmaceuticals), interacting with established customers and developing new prospects.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Prospect and qualify territory for new leads through sales calls in person and over the telephone.
- Call on clinical decision makers to position products for presentation or evaluation.
- Prepare financial analysis, proposals and competitive analysis for customers as well as presenting the information to committee members within a hospital.
- Conduct committee presentations and product displays for customers within the hospital once they have chosen to evaluate B.Braun’s products.
- Maintain an awareness of competitive activity with regard to pricing and sales techniques employed.
- Support Hospital Care Account Manager on IV Anesthesia Sets.
- Support Regional Anesthesia Specialist on Ultrasound Machines.
- Train and support Regional Anesthesia Specialist as needed on pain control/anesthesia techniques, product knowledge and competitive sales activities.
- Maintain satisfaction of existing customers.
- Maintain updated vendor credentialing for all facilities in the territory
- Maintain Salesforce.Com customer and target entry.
- Achieve 100% of critical care sales plan.
- Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Basic computer aptitude.
- Extensive knowledge of B.Braun’s critical care products and services.
- Strong understanding of hospital structure and role of personnel. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong math aptitude.
- Ability to initiate projects and tasks with little or no direction.
- Ability to make decisions independently, sometimes without many facts available, to solve a customer problem or concern.
- Ability to work well independent of supervision, as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to work well with diverse personalities and backgrounds of people.
- Ability to handle high-pressure sales situations with confidence.
- Ability to travel extensively and work odd hours and shifts.
- Professional image.
Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- Minimum of 2-4 years surgical/OR experience selling devices or product within one of the following markets: orthopedics, radiology, GI, Pharmacy or Anesthesia. The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of anesthesia experience or come from within B.Braun as a territory sales manager.
- Proven track record of 2-3 years success at B.Braun or at a competitive company.
Related training in selling and negotiating.
Microsoft Excel and Word expertise.
Experience in selling based of GPO contracting.
Experience with IDN negotiations.
Value Analysis and/or Pharmacy & Therapeutics committee selling and negotiating.
Previous pharmaceutical sales and capital equipment sales
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com..
Through its “Sharing Expertise®” initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
Responsibilities: Other Duties:
- Business travel (domestic).
- Valid driver’s license and current automobile registration and insurance.
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.