- Posted: over a month ago
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for troubleshooting and maintaining the production equipment and physical plant facilities. This position requires knowledge of production equipment, plant facilities, and maintenance practices. Coordinates assigned work with others in the execution of maintenance tasks and procedures.
- Perform maintenance troubleshooting, repair, and preventive maintenance tasks as necessary and assigned to insure equipment and facilities are properly maintained and perform as designed
- Accurately complete documentation on a daily basis. Documentation includes but not limited to: forms, logs, checklists, pass-down reports (daily work summary's on ShiftNote), spreadsheets (smart sheet/excel), PM's and Work Orders
- Communicate with Production, Quality, and Sanitation personnel involving maintenance activity or corrective action. Follow up on unresolved issues
- Perform tasks in a safe and workmanship manner according to company, safety and quality policies and procedures
- Monitor production equipment for proper operation, performance, and food safety compliance. Notify affected parties of abnormal conditions requiring immediate attention including shutdown of equipment as required for food safety, quality, personnel safety, or equipment safety issues
- Respond to line calls in quickly with a sense of urgency, communicate issues, concerns and results
- Able to work overtime and weekend hours required
- Must able to stand on concrete for up to 12 hours, bend, stoop and able to lift up to 75 pounds
- Perform other duties as required
Minimum 2 years work experience or technical training in a maintenance discipline or equivalent is required. Prior food processing experience is desirable. Familiarity with production equipment and maintenance activities including but not limited to; conveyors, gearboxes, actuators, pumps, burners, valves, cutters- both mechanical & CNC water jet cutter, packaging equipment, refrigeration, VFD's, etc., as well as plant facilities and utilities including air compressors, air quality control and waste water treatment equipment, HVAC, plumbing, electrical. Must possess good troubleshooting skills and have a strong mechanical aptitude along with some electrical knowledge. Stainless steel sanitary welding and fabrication experience a plus. Detail orientated team player with a positive attitude.
12 hour shifts on a 4 3 3 4 schedule (4 on, 3 off, 3 on, 4 off). Day and night shifts are either Sunday thru every other Wednesday or every other Wednesday thru Saturday.
BandD Foods offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including, 401K savings plan, Health and Dental coverage and free food.
BandD Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we seek to create an inclusive workplace that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives.
About BandD Foods
Founded in 1972 in Boise, Idaho to serve the needs of a successful regional restaurant chain, our claim to fame was 'finger steaks." These were portioned steak pieces that were battered and deep-fried to crunchy, juicy perfection. It was a great way to get started, as finger steaks remain an Idaho staple that we produce and sell through food-service distributors throughout the Northwest. Over the years we've expanded our product line to include a variety of other fully cooked frozen meats, and we now work with beef, chicken, and pork. Much of our product line consists of battered products and we make the best tempura on the market, but we produce a variety of non-battered products as well.
Our diverse employees are our foundation, so taking care of them is very important. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, profit sharing, a supportive environment, and, of course, free food!
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
B and D Foods
Real EstateView all jobs at B and D Foods