Teterboro, NJ-Assistant General Manager - Restaurant Experience
B Hospitality Corp Teterboro, NJ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
BUTLER HOSPITALITY - Assistant General Manager
About Butler Hospitality
Butler Hospitality serves the world’s best hotel operators to increase the efficiency of their food and beverage operations. Butler takes over restaurants inside of full-service hotels and transforms their kitchens into delivery hubs that provide virtual room service and catering to nearby limited- and select-service hotels.
Currently serving more than 40,000 keys in NYC, Chicago, and Miami, Butler will be operational in ten US cities by the end of 2021.
Read more about Butler's expansion plans:
About the role:
The second in command to the General Manager is the overall operation while developing and maintaining a high performance team that achieves financial and company objectives. Provides a level of entrepreneurial business sense and manages the hiring, training and empowering of employees to run the operation.
- Engaging leadership that inspires and empowers the team.
- Responsible for the strategic direction for the departments of responsibility.
- Creates a dynamic and positive work environment that accurately represents the brand.
- Make certain that areas of accountability are executed in uncompromised levels. Proper utilization of resources is a must.
- Oversee facility and equipment in the responsible areas to make sure they are in complete working order.
- Ensures consistent, high-quality service standards are maintained in the assigned hub through effective training and feedback mechanisms.
- Ensures high quality of food items, service and presentation.
- Produces regular and special reports; maintains required records and files.
- Hires, trains, motivates, and provides on-going communication to staff to deliver first-class service with unmatched elegance and professionalism while promoting a culture of accountability.
- Evaluates employee performance through operational audits to improve convention services service and build reward and recognition systems.
- Propose staff changes in assigned areas, including the hiring, promotion, demotion, and vacations, leaves of absence and release of staff.
- Creates an encouraging atmosphere that stimulates and motivates employees to acceptable levels of turnover, absenteeism, and promotions.
- Communicates with partnering departments and peers to achieve superior customer satisfaction and efficient utilization of manpower and facilities.
- Maintains close work relationships with other departments and their leaders to promote feedback, cross training and efficient operations.
- Two years management experience required.
- Ability to communicate fluently in the local language and English of the workplace both verbally and nonverbally. Fluent in English is encouraged.
- Exceptional and professional communication skills, both oral and written.
- Food & Beverage Supervisory experience is required.
- Must have a good understanding of how the job responsibilities relate to other area of the Hotel and specific areas of the Food and Beverage operations
- Assist with the management all hub employees to include all entertainment.
- Must be able to work any shift, any day and long hours when necessary.
- Recognized experience in hiring, training and empowering employees who are also held responsible and given consistent feedback.
- Capacity to foster productive relations with peers and assure teamwork is the prevailing way to do business.
- Excellent guest service skills. Ability to respond to handle difficult or stressful situations with tact and diplomacy.
Powered by JazzHR
B Hospitality Corp
RetailView all jobs at B Hospitality Corp