Tier 2/3 Computer Support Engineer for IT Managed Services Provider
B-Comp Services Inc. Denver, CO
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Network and desktop support engineer position is available immediately with a small well-established MSP/IT support company with offices located in Westminster, Colorado. We are seeking a Level 2/3 Computer Support Engineer to become an integral and vital part of our team!
We operate a help desk service that provides support largely to end users of Windows and Windows networks. We support Windows Server, Exchange Server and all Windows desktop operating systems as well as Office 365, Google Workspace (G-Suite) and hosted workloads on AWS. This job can be best described as a help desk or PC tech position on steroids. This position is responsible for:
- Providing support to businesses employing Windows Server 2012-2019, Windows 10, Mac OS X and Exchange 2013-2019;
- Resolving issues relating to printing and the installation of printers;
- Performing migrations of on-premises workloads to cloud hosted environments;
- Providing support for Cisco ASA, Foritgate and SonicWALL firewalls;
- Providing support for wireless infrastructure;
- Providing support for network switches including VLAN and QoS configuration;
- Monitoring and troubleshooting BackupExec, Veeam and other cloud hosted backup solutions;
- Monitoring and updating commercial antivirus solutions;
- Troubleshooting and implementing LAN/WAN connectivity and in particular support end-user remote connectivity;
- Providing application support for other technologies specific to the customer's business;
- Providing analysis of end-user needs and develop solutions to customer challenges;
- Recommending hardware and/or software upgrades in an effort to optimize operational efficiency;
- Documenting customer operating environments and procedures; and
- Performing routine software maintenance and upgrades.
- Requirements for the position are a certification similar to CCNA, MCSE or MCP in a recent version of Windows 10, Windows Server and/or Microsoft Exchange
- A recently earned Bachelor in Information Technology will be considered as well
- CompTIA A+ and/or Network+ Certification is a plus
- Certifications in cloud technologies from Microsoft, AWS or GCP are also a plus
- Employment experience commensurate with required certifications may also be considered
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills and importantly the candidate must have extensive Windows support experience
- Applicant must be deadline and detail-oriented and must have strong customer service skills
This position is not a remote working or work from home opportunity. Candidates do however enjoy their own office in a modern commercial office building located in Westminster, Colorado as well as all the snacks and drinks you can consume. Compensation is negotiable; however base pay is expected to be in the range of $29-$48 per hour depending on experience. Starting benefits include 2 weeks of PTO as well as medical and dental insurance. Overtime hours are reimbursed at time and a half and overtime hours are likely. Finally, any day or evening for which you are on call you will receive an additional per diem payment over and above any time spent providing support.
Successful applicants must submit to a background check. A driver's license is also required in order to complete the tasks required by the position. Hours are 8am-5pm Monday through Friday however occasional weekends on call and some overtime hours are required. Business casual attire is also required. Please provide resume and cover letter as well as your verifiable certifications and education in response to this job listing. Thanks for your interest!
B-Comp Services Inc.Why Work Here?
Fast-paced company, Collaborative team, Exciting growth potential, non-corporate approach
B-Comp Services is a well established Westminster-based Managed Services Provider (MSP) helping companies grow their business and leverage their technology. We are looking for sharp, entrepreneurial go-getters with an attention to detail, high-level of both breadth and scope in technical knowledge, and strong troubleshooting skills.
12170 N. Tejon St. Suite 200Denver, CO