B Blair is currently seeking to add to its workforce a:
Heavy Diesel Truck Technician:
Technician performs major servicing and repairs on a variety of mechanical, electrical, electronic, powertrain, and hydraulic systems for specialized transport tractors and trailers, and support equipment.
· Journeyman status with 2 years of experience in the maintenance and repair of Heavy duty diesel and medium fleet Trucks, Trailers, and related equipment
· Experience troubleshooting and repairing hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems, electrical systems, chassis and power-train systems
· Ability to safely operate vehicles and equipment to test and troubleshoot for proper operation before and after maintenance
· Experience in welding and fabrication a plus
· Knowledge of industrial and shop safety rules, procedures, and equipment
· Able to enter data in computer for completion of work orders and parts usage
· Ability to have reliable attendance
· Ability to work in a team environment and independently
· Possess own Journeyman level hand tools necessary to perform the functions of the job.
· Class B CDL required , Class A CDL preferred, but not required
· PA State Safety Inspection Technician a plus
· Successfully pass pre-employment DOT physical and drug screen
· Position is subject to random drug and alcohol testing
· Diagnose and repair all types of diesel and gas equipment, including, but not limited to, Peterbilt and Mack Tractors and Triaxles Dump Trucks, Drop-Deck, Low-Boy, Flat and Dump Semi Trailers. Water & lube trucks, service trucks, pickups, dump trucks/trailers, and other support equipment.
· Troubleshoot, repair and replace ignition systems, fuel systems, hydraulic systems, lighting systems, electrical/computer control systems, radio systems and ABS brake system
· Repair and overhaul engines, transmissions, differentials, PTO's and axle assemblies
· Perform welding and fabrication on mobile and stationary equipment as needed
· Repair and maintain shop tools and machinery
· Prepare work orders and record parts usage
· Share knowledge with other shop employees.
· Make emergency field repairs to equipment as needed