ROLE SUMMARY:The Plumbing Estimator is responsible for estimating, planning, organizing and working closely with the Plumbing Department Manager to secure profitable plumbing work.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilize Quote Expressestimating software to prepare bids.
- Prepare competitive bids as required (proposals, bid forms, budgets, etc.) to meet project needs.
- Interpret specifications, blueprints and addenda.
- Prepare and communicate requests for information to clarify project scope during estimating process.
- Review project estimate, material and manpower requirements with Operations team prior to bid to establish any factors required to compensate for project conditions (Pre-Bid Review).
- Conduct and/or attend turnover meetings for contracted projects and provide budgetary information and defined scope to Operations group.
- Attend pre-bid meetings as needed.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with customers, suppliers, vendors, subcontractors, owners, general contractors, and design consultants.
- Attend trade related, networking, charitable and marketing events to promote business for the Plumbing Department and B&I.
- Job performance to be measured based on accuracy of estimates, time required to complete estimates and meeting volume and profitability goals.
Job Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of 4 years of Commercial Plumbing estimating experience
- Medical, Education, and Institutional experience a Plus
- Ability to read and interpret construction documents (blueprints, shop drawings, specifications, etc.).
- Comprehensive knowledge of plumbing products, materials, equipment, and installation procedures.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
Additional Company Information
This a full time position offering a BENEFITS PACKAGE that includes employee stock ownership, medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, paid time off, sick days, and 401(k).
B & I Contractors Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and promotes a Drug Free Workplace.
How to Apply -
- Visit our website at www.bandiflorida.com