Founded in 1960 and headquartered in beautiful Fort Myers, FL, B and I Contractors, Inc. specializes in Electrical, HVAC, service and plumbing. We are an employee owned company that has earned a solid reputation for excellence. B and I Contractors, Inc. is among one of the elite Specialty Mechanical Contractor companies in Florida; capable of handling large, multifaceted projects and more.
ROLE SUMMARY: Supervises and coordinates activities of Foremen engaged in the installation of Plumbing equipment/systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interpret specifications, blueprints, submittals and job orders as needed for project.
- Assemble procurement orders for materials, equipment and tools required at each project commencement
- Establish and adjust work sequences to meet construction schedule, using knowledge of capacities of equipment and assigned personnel, use of hand tools and portable power tools per specifications of job
- Conduct Performance Appraisals for Foreman and workers’ abilities and expertise to ensure the most productive job placement at the jobsite according to blueprint specifications;
- Study schedules and estimate man-hour requirements for completion of job;
- Maintain time records and ensure timely procedures are adopted as appropriate;
- Analyze and resolve work problems to bring to a win/win solution;
- May be required to train a Helper and provide instruction as to proper methods of tool handling and work product specification;
- When necessary make cost estimates for contracts;
- Interpret company policies for workers and enforce safety regulations across work areas;
- Complete other tasks as assigned.
Job Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum four years in field as Plumber, in a Mechanical Construction Company
- 10 years or more leading trade roles in commercial construction;
- Med Gas Certification a plus;
- GED or High School Graduate Preferred
- Understand shop math;
- Work skillfully with tools, metals and machines;
- Visualize three-dimensional objects from drawings, sketches or blueprints;
- Work within precise limits and standards;
- Perform a variety of duties which may change often;
- Rate information using measurable standards;
- Understand English and follow and provide directives to assigned helpers
Additional Company Information
This a full time position offering a BENEFITS PACKAGE that includes employee stock ownership, medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, paid time off, sick days, and 401(k).
B & I Contractors Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and promotes a Drug Free Workplace.
How to Apply -
- Visit our website at www.bandiflorida.com