Job Description: Line Operator
• Follows standard operating procedures and participates in resolving production problems, where indicated, by communicating ideas to team members or supervisory staff.
• Demonstrates safe work practices to prevent on the job injuries by following all company and OSHA safety regulations.
• Sets up, operates and makes adjustments on machines that perform one or more packaging functions, such as filling, marking, labeling, banding, packing or wrapping containers.
• Observes production machinery during operation to detect machine malfunction and makes adjustments for optimum operation and to ensure conformance to production specifications.
• Completes accurate and timely record keeping functions such as downtime and production recording, items count, HACCP logs and data collection using a computer.
• Stops machine, clears jam(s) and re-supplies packaging components to operating machines; complies with all lock out-tag out requirements.
• Performs hand fill functions by filling containers with dried product, then weighs and labels container.
• Observes and inspects product moving along conveyor to identify product defects and defective packaging and removes those containers that do not meet quality assurance standards.
• Performs line operations, using standard change-overs and set-ups for production runs.
• Removes cartons and containers filled with product from the packaging machine conveyor and palletizes on skids.
• Complies with company standards of cleanliness on the production lines and in surrounding work areas.
• Reads work orders/schedule specifications and follows oral instructions of others to determine work procedures, machine set-up and material requirements in order to meet product specifications.
• Works as a member of the production team by communicating line operation information to coworkers in a timely manner to ensure efficient operation of the production line.
• Communicates with and informs Material Handler to dump product into machine bin.
• Assists in training new line operators and ongoing training of current production employees.
• Performs other duties as assigned – not an essential function
Skill, Knowledge & Abilities:
• Mechanical aptitude including a basic understanding of the various types of tools, tooling, and equipment used to complete job responsibilities.
• Performs basic math operations (add, subtract, multiply, divide).
• Ability to control the operation of machines and equipment and observe gauges, dials, or other indicators to assure the machine is working properly.
• Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
• Ability to identify and analyze problems associated with work processes.
• Ability to work as a productive member of a team.
• Ability to organize and work on multiple tasks concurrently.
• Ability to deal effectively with persons representing widely diverse backgrounds, interests, and points of view.
• Ability to work at a rapid pace and stand in one place for continuous periods of time.
• Communicates effectively with other line personnel and trainees in a polite, courteous, and cooperative manner.
• Demonstrates efficient line operation on a regular basis by observing and following Standard Operating Procedures.
• Displays a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards completing work tasks efficiently and safely. Demonstrates responsible behavior and attention to detail.
• Responds appropriately to supervision.
• Actively participates in resolving production problems.
• Maintain good attendance and punctuality.
• Employees are expected to work at other work centers where job qualifications allow.
• Commitment to high quality standards of workmanship and production of quality product.
• Complies with all lock out-tag out requirements.
• Possess high school diploma or GED
• On-site training specific to job responsibilities
• Employee will learn how to use tooling, and operate and set up equipment and machinery used at the work site.
Responsible for reporting any and all food safety and quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action. Responsible for following cGMP’s Responsible for maintaining cleanliness and good housekeeping Ensure all food safety and quality records are completed accurately and timely Follow all appropriate equipment cleaning procedures
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
This position is in a manufacturing plant environment, works around moving mechanical parts, is exposed to airborne particles, and works around motorized vehicles. Must be able to lift up to 40lbs
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
B&G Food Companies
Why Work Here?Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, Inc. (NYSE: BGS) and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, B&G Food Canada and Puerto Rico. With our diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including B&G, B&M, Back to Nature, Clabber Girl, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and our brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com
Excellent pay & benefits - steady employment!