- Posted: over a month ago
B&B Truck and Trailer Services in Colona, IL is in search of Full-Time Diesel Mechanics. We are looking for entry level and experienced techs to join our team! Experienced techs are eligible to receive a $2,000 Sign On Bonus! We are needing individuals for 1st and 2nd shifts and mechanics will be required to work an on-call, rotating, weekend and evening schedule approximately once month.
The tenacity and skills of Bill and Bruce founded B&B Truck and Trailer Services 35+ years ago. The brothers were so eager to provide truck and trailer repair services, they began the business out of the trunk of their car. Today, B&B has more than 15 employees providing 24-hour roadside service to large-scale vehicles. CEO, Aaron Tennant, purchased the company and expanded business operations to Colona, IL. Aaron has more than twenty years of experience and seven transportation-related businesses, including Simplex Leasing and Cantrell's Towing.
B&B's state-of-the-art facility is equipped with parts, equipment, and diagnostic computers for any repair or maintenance! Our friendly and professional mechanics specialize in medium and heavy-duty repairs onsite and offsite. For offsite repair jobs, our service trucks are equipped and ready with starting units, air compressors, welding units, and torch sets.
B&B offers a top-notch benefits package! Benefits at B&B include:
- A FREE health insurance option for employees!
- Dental, vision and short-term disability insurance options
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer match!
- 3 weeks of PTO in your first year
- Holiday pay, sick pay and paid company uniforms
- A fun and flexible, family work environment!
Job Responsibilities of the Diesel Mechanic:
- Completes preventative maintenance on trucks and trailers
- Completes annual inspections on trucks and trailers for customers
- Troubleshoots mechanic issues and completes job assignments within industry standard time
- Assigns parts to work orders via computer system
- Escalates issues found during repairs to the Shop Foreman as needed
- Test drives units and diagnoses issues
- Maintain a clean and safe shop and work area and complies with all site-specific rules, procedures and duties
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Shop Foreman
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of diesel mechanics and solid knowledge of class 8 trucks and trailers
- Knowledge of tires, brakes, lights, ABS systems, engines, electrical, fuel, drive train and general semi-truck and trailer repairs
- Two years of previous experience as a diesel mechanic is required
- Valid driver's license is required
- Class A CDL is preferred
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Ability to remain standing and/or walking for long periods of time
- Ability to stoop, bend, climb and lift frequently
- Must be able to lift and/or move heavy mechanical components up to 70 lbs.
- Must be able to work outside and adapt to extreme weather conditions
B&B Truck and Trailer is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
B&B Truck & Trailer and Cantrell's Towing
AutomotiveView all jobs at B&B Truck & Trailer and Cantrell's Towing