This position requires a Manufacturing Planning/Buying Clerk who will assist with the continuous improvement of Bottcher’s Rubber Inventory and Supply Chain. This person will bring to Bottcher their experience with such items as inventory reduction, supply chain management, supplier performance management, and complexity management. Additionally, this position will be responsible for monitoring progress on specific Inventory projects.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Create and execute a supply plan related Rubber Inventory, that incorporates historical trends, production capacities, and lead times. This plan is tied to the companies forecasted demand plan.
- Responsible for the day to day execution of the supply plan as it relates to issuing purchase orders, maintaining planning parameters, expediting product, and resolution of related operating issues while maintaining a high level of customer service.
- Develop a variety of tools and methods that streamline the maintenance and updating of master data. Additionally, the Planer/Buyer will be required to develop reporting methods that allow for quick identification of issues and areas of improvement.
- Experience in an Inventory/Supply Chain function a plus.
- Experience in SAP, preferred.
- Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office.
- Excellent Excel (pivots, v/h lookups, etc.) required.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving ability.
- Skilled in problem resolution, especially related to balancing supply to demand.
- Effective at performing detail-oriented tasks.
- Ability to analyze and draw conclusions using large amounts of data.
- Able to identify, manage, and lead supply chain improvement projects.
- Understanding of requirements planning best practices, including MRP.
- Facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Must have a good attitude and a continuous improve mindset.
- Makes and meets commitments. Accepts responsibility. Has a passion for excellence.
- Operates in accordance with our business conduct policies. Is honest, fair and trustworthy in all activities and relationships. Strives to create a safe workplace and to protect the environment.
- Treats others with respect and candor. Actively supports a diverse work environment. Builds positive work relationships.
- Has a bias for action. Takes calculated risks based on quality data. Drives for standardization and simplification.
- Sets aggressive goals and celebrates progress. Continually strives to be best in class. Has a passion to exceed customer expectations.
- Creates clear, simple, reality-based, customer-focused strategy and goals. Build trust and commitment through candid communication. Energizes and excites others.
- Is open to ideas from anywhere. Participates openly and constructively without alienating others. Has a global perspective.