348 - Material Planner
Azure Summit Technology is a mature, growing small business with locations in Melbourne, Florida, and Fairfax, Virginia. Azure develops and delivers high-performance RF hardware, firmware, and software products, and innovative, practical, multi-function RF systems solutions that address emerging missions of national importance for customers across the Department of Defense. We are a diverse team of highly qualified RF systems engineers and mission subject matter experts (SMEs) with backgrounds in electrical, mechanical, RF, hardware, software, firmware and systems engineering, working together within a creative, innovative and highly collaborative culture, to deliver cutting edge solutions for our customers. To do this, we hire people with a passion to succeed. We look for problem solvers. People who have unique perspectives and diverse experience.
Are you in?
Do you work well in a team environment and on your own as an individual contributor? Do you know how to set the bar high and achieve goals for yourself and bring others along with you? Do you work hard and play hard? Do you want to help the company succeed and build your skill set and further your career at the same time? Azure Summit Technology just might be the place for you.
What do we do?
Azure Summit Technology provides a wide range of multi-channel, software-defined radio solutions for applications including surveillance, communications, radar, direction finding, emitter location, and interference cancellation. Systems can be tailored to meet a variety of requirements for bandwidth, dynamic range, number of channels, and computational resources. Supported platforms range from resource-constrained small UAVs and wearable devices to manned aircraft and submarines. Azure also offers innovative signal processing solutions to challenging problems in the realm of radio frequency spectrum awareness.
What will you do?
Azure Summit Technology is currently seeking a Material Planner. The selected candidate will be part of a dynamic, growing, cross-functional, and geographically distributed team. This position is located at our Fairfax, VA, facility with occasional overnight travel to our Melbourne, FL, facility and various other sites as required. Your future team has worked together to produce the following job description:
Responsibilities for this job may include
- Ensuring project(s) material needs schedules and plans are integrated across company functional groups including finance, engineering, supply chain, procurement, and quality.
- Tracking project material need plans and schedules to identify and resolve conflicts in critical path and logistics.
- Providing input to program managers with regard to project schedules, focusing on material availability and need-by dates
- Forecasting, monitoring, managing, and controlling all procurements and subcontracts in support of project execution. Requires ability to execute multiple priorities against ambitious timelines
- Assisting PM to ensure that the Statement of Work requirements and deliverables from vendors adhere to the procurement requirements and are delivered on time
- Processing and executing material transfers and issues as needed
- Creating and executing material shipping requests as needed
- Creating and maintaining relationships with engineers, PMs, Supply Chain, QA, Procurement, and production to ensure trust and knowledge sharing
- Supporting the team on call as needed for emergency parts requests
- Working with receiving inspection to process parts as needed
- US citizenship, due to nature of the work and contract requirement
- Ability to obtain a TOP SECRET security clearance, due to contract requirement
- Bachelor's of degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related discipline or equivalent experience
- 3 years’ experience working in manufacturing, operations, supply chain, production, or materials planning environment
- TOP SECRET/SCI clearance
- Bachelor's of degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related discipline
- 5 years’ experience working in manufacturing, operations, supply chain, production, or materials planning environment
Azure Summit Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disabled Employer. Azure Summit Technology provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training. Azure Summit Technology expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment or discrimination based on any of the characteristics mentioned above. Improper interference with the ability of other employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated. To request accommodation, contact Julia Bergeman, 571-455-6486, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Azure Summit TechnologyFairfax, VA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.