288 - Accounts Payable Clerk
- Expired: March 21, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Azure Summit Technology is a mature, growing small business with locations in Melbourne, Florida, and Fairfax, Virginia. Azure develops and delivers high-performance RF hardware, firmware, and software products, and innovative, practical, multi-function RF systems solutions that address emerging missions of national importance for customers across the Department of Defense. We are a diverse team of highly qualified RF systems engineers and mission subject matter experts (SMEs) with backgrounds in electrical, mechanical, RF, hardware, software, firmware, and systems engineering, working together within a creative, innovative, and highly collaborative culture, to deliver cutting edge solutions for our customers. To do this, we hire people with a passion to succeed. We look for problem solvers. People who have unique perspectives and diverse experience.
Are you in?
Do you work well in a team environment and on your own as an individual contributor? Do you know how to set the bar high and achieve goals for yourself and bring others along with you? Do you work hard and play hard? Do you want to help the company succeed and build your skill set and further your career at the same time? Azure Summit Technology just might be the place for you.
What do we do?
Azure Summit Technology provides a wide range of multi-channel, software-defined radio solutions for applications including surveillance, communications, radar, direction finding, emitter location, and interference cancellation. Systems can be tailored to meet a variety of requirements for bandwidth, dynamic range, number of channels, and computational resources. Supported platforms range from resource-constrained small UAVs and wearable devices to manned aircraft and submarines. Azure also offers innovative signal processing solutions to challenging problems in the realm of radio frequency spectrum awareness.
What will you do?
Azure Summit Technology is currently seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk. The selected candidate will be part of a dynamic, growing, cross-functional, and geographically distributed team.This position is based at our facility in Fairfax, Virginia. Your future team has worked together to produce the following job description:
The selected candidate will be responsible for performing accounting tasks, account analyses, supporting monthly closings, and other duties as assigned. Duties will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Process check requests and expense reports on a weekly basis
- Accurately review, code, and process vendor invoices
- Maintain a large number of vendor accounts while staying in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Process Accounts Payable Invoices against purchase orders
- Process recurring Accounts Payable Invoices
- Review and reconcile invoice discrepancies
- Update Cash Flow Model with Invoices
- Process credit card bills monthly and shipping bills weekly
- Address and respond to vendor inquiries in a timely fashion
- Create 1099s
- Process and pay sales and use tax monthly
The ideal candidate is knowledgeable in government contract types, understands GAAP, and is excited about performing in a team environment.
- US citizenship, due to nature of the work and contract requirement
- Ability to obtain active SECRET clearance, due to nature of the work and contract requirement
- High school diploma
- 3 years' experience with accounts payable in defense contracting
- Deltek CostPoint experience
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- High degree of attention to detail and follow-through skills
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Strong communication skills
Azure Summit Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disabled Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law. Azure Summit Technology is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request accommodation, contact Julia Bergeman, 571-308-1408, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Azure Summit Technology
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Accounts Payable Clerk jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.