199 - Shipping and Receiving Clerk
- Posted: over a month ago
Azure Summit Technology is a mature, growing small business with locations in Melbourne, Florida, and Fairfax, Virginia, that develops and delivers high-performance RF hardware, firmware, and software products, and innovative, practical, multi-function RF systems solutions that address emerging missions of national importance for customers across the Department of Defense. We are a diverse team of highly qualified RF systems engineers and mission subject matter experts (SMEs) with backgrounds in electrical, mechanical, RF, hardware, software, firmware and systems engineering. We work together within a creative, innovative and highly collaborative culture to deliver cutting edge solutions for our customers. To do this, we hire people with a passion to succeed. We look for problem solvers. People who have unique perspectives and diverse experience.
Are you in?
Do you work well in a team environment and on your own as an individual contributor? Do you know how to set the bar high and achieve goals for yourself and bring others along with you? Do you work hard and play hard? Do you want to help the company succeed and build your skill set and further your career at the same time? Azure Summit Technology just might be the place for you.
What do we do?
Azure Summit Technology provides a wide range of multi-channel software defined radio products, innovative signal processing solutions and end-to-end mission payloads and systems for the full range of advanced RF applications including EW, radar, communications and multi-mode RF operations. Systems can be tailored to meet a variety of requirements for bandwidth, dynamic range, number of channels, and computational resources. Supported platforms range from resource-constrained small UAVs and wearable devices to manned aircraft and maritime vessels.
What will you do?
Azure Summit Technology is currently seeking a Shipping and Receiving Clerk. This position is located in our Fairfax, Virginia, headquarters building. There may be occasional travel to locations in Melbourne, Florida, and Baltimore, Maryland.
The successful applicant will become part of a world class team and work collaboratively with an outstanding group of geographically dispersed employees to support development and production of advanced electronic systems for the DoD and other customers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for shipping and receiving at Azure Summit Technology’s Fairfax, Virginia, headquarters facility. The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, changing priorities, and a team environment.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepares and pack orders for shipment.
- Assembles orders, checks against customer order and reports incomplete orders.
- Receives and unpacks materials and supplies.
- Checks receipts against purchase order for proper shipment, shortages, damages or defects.
- Applies policies, procedures, and documents that affect product quality and the segregation of non-conforming parts from good parts.
- Receives product and verifies counts and certifications to customer requirements.
- Checks materials requiring certification to a specification or requirement.
- Verifies material counts to packing slips.
- Enters packing slip details into database or delivers packing slips to Accounting.
- Delivers received materials to respective areas for proper storage.
- Assures that inspection stamps are present on all products released for use and on certifications and packing slips, as required.
- Monitor and maintain company internal inventory tracking system.
- Compares inventory records against physical count of inventory; makes adjustments to or investigates inaccuracies.
- Validate non-delivery issues through inspection.
- Keeps shipping and receiving area neat, clean, and orderly.
- Prepares product for shipping to vendor base and final customers.
- Releases material to production in accordance with manufacturing requirements.
- Coordinate freight carrier deliveries.
- US citizenship, due to the nature of the work and contract requirement
- Ability to obtain a TOP SECRET security clearance, due to the nature of the work and contract requirement
- High School diploma
- Minimum 1 year shipping and receiving experience
- Ability to lift and occasionally maneuver material weighing up to 50 pounds
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Minimum 3 years’ shipping and receiving experience
- Forklift certification or experience
- Place RFQ’s to various carriers for shipments
- CostPoint experience is preferred
- Experienced in creating shipping documentation, Packing slips, BOL, Shipping Labels
- Dangerous Goods certification or experience preferred
- Build shipping crates as required per shipment needs (experience with tools)
- Familiar with FAR, attention to detail, Excel experience is preferred
- Experience with importing and clearing cargo into U.S.
- Experience with exporting cargo out of U.S.
Azure Summit Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disabled Employer. Azure Summit Technology provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training. Azure Summit Technology expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment or discrimination based on any of the characteristics mentioned above. Improper interference with the ability of other employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated. To request accommodation, contact Julia Bergeman, 571-308-1408, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Azure Summit Technology
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Azure Summit Technology