197 - Quality Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
Azure Summit Technology is a mature, growing small business with locations in Melbourne, Florida, and Fairfax, Virginia, that develops and delivers high-performance RF hardware, firmware, and software products, and innovative, practical, multi-function RF systems solutions that address emerging missions of national importance for customers across the Department of Defense. We are a diverse team of highly qualified RF systems engineers and mission subject matter experts (SMEs) with backgrounds in electrical, mechanical, RF, hardware, software, firmware and systems engineering. We work together within a creative, innovative and highly collaborative culture to deliver cutting edge solutions for our customers. To do this, we hire people with a passion to succeed. We look for problem solvers. People who have unique perspectives and diverse experience.
Are you in?
Do you work well in a team environment and on your own as an individual contributor? Do you know how to set the bar high and achieve goals for yourself and bring others along with you? Do you work hard and play hard? Do you want to help the company succeed and build your skill set and further your career at the same time? Azure Summit Technology just might be the place for you.
What do we do?
Azure Summit Technology provides a wide range of multi-channel software defined radio products, innovative signal processing solutions and end-to-end mission payloads and systems for the full range of advanced RF applications including EW, radar, communications and multi-mode RF operations. Systems can be tailored to meet a variety of requirements for bandwidth, dynamic range, number of channels, and computational resources. Supported platforms range from resource-constrained small UAVs and wearable devices to manned aircraft and maritime vessels.
What will you do?
Azure Summit Technology is currently seeking a Quality Engineer. This position is primarily remote with a home office based in Fairfax, Virginia. There may be occasional travel to locations in Melbourne, Florida, and Baltimore, Maryland.
The successful applicant will become part of a world class production team and work collaboratively with an outstanding group of geographically dispersed employees to support development and production of advanced electronic systems for the DoD and other customers. The Quality Engineer supports the design, documentation, implementation, evaluation, and improvements of the Azure Summit Technology (Azure) overall quality program to ensure customer satisfaction, optimal product quality, and compliance with ISO 9001 / AS9100 and other established standards as required by Azure.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support Azure’s risk mitigation strategy on PCBs by working with: CM, Fab house, and external third-party lab on independent circuit board analysis. When failures occur support investigation by working with all parties involved
- Work with Engineering, as needed, for SME in determination of the right course of action with regards to investigations, board referees, and rejects
- Support accurate records keeping of board lots, work orders, etc., with regards to PCB hard rejects, soft rejects, and grey area boards with the aim of getting disposition on boards agreed upon by all parties involved
- Ability to work well with team members and third-party suppliers on quality issues. Walk fine line of ensuring quality while maintaining good relations with key suppliers
- Keeping statistics of circuit board yields at CM through entire manufacturing process. Goal of these statistics is to identify trends of failures to be able to: A, address serious and/or systemic failures in a timely manner, and B, to track process improvements on yields and general manufacturing discipline being followed by suppliers.
- Participation in the development and review of project documentation
- Application of inspection activities to specific systems
- Assessment of systems to identify deficiencies and participate in resolution of issues found
- Support review of adequacy reviews for flow down of QA requirements to implementing documents and quality affecting processes
- Assist in development of quality system processes, i.e., records management and document control, control of electronic data, software development and control, etc.
- Support review of drawings, calculations, specifications and other design inputs/outputs
- Support developing inspection plans, First Article Inspection, In-Process and Final Product Inspection, Sampling Plans
- Provide input for design-for-quality issues
- Support internal audits to assess compliance to Standards and to the internal Quality System, including investigation, presentation of observations and findings, and reporting
- Provide trending analysis on quality issues and performance metrics
- Review procurements documents for flow-down and inclusion of quality requirements
- Apply sound systematic problem-solving methodologies in identifying, prioritizing, communicating, and resolving supplier quality issues
- Provide trending analysis on supplier quality issues and performance metrics
- Provide trending analysis on quality issues and performance metrics
- Support Customer Service to ensure fulfillment of customer requirements
- Support investigations regarding customer complaints
- Help facilitate continuous improvement and learning across all functional areas through training and communication of quality initiatives
- Monitor training/certification activities for Quality and other functional personnel
- Support calibration and control of M&TE
- Other duties may be assigned by management as required
- US citizenship, due to the nature of the work and contract requirement
- Ability to obtain SECRET security clearance, due to the nature of the work and contract requirement
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Industrial, or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working within an ISO 9001/AS9100 QMS environment
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Master’s degree in Electrical, Industrial, or Mechanical Engineering
- 10 years or more experience working within an ISO 900a/AS9100 QMS environment
- Superb organizational and interpersonal skills Understanding and operation of quality management systems
- Supplier verification and improvement
- Application and analysis of testing and inspection procedures
- Ability to use metrology and statistical methods to diagnose and correct improper quality control practices
- Understanding and familiarity with product quality
- Understanding the concepts of Design for Quality, Manufacturability, Test, Assembly, Cost
- 0-3 years’ experience in processes for the manufacture of Printed Circuit Board(s) (PCBs) and Printed Circuit Board(s) Assembly (PCBA)
- 0-3 years’ experience in inspection processes of Printed Circuit Board(s) (PCBs) and Printed Circuit Board(s) Assembly (PCBA)
- Understanding Class 1, Class 2, and Class 3 requirements for electronic products
Azure Summit Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Azure Summit Technology provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training. Azure Summit Technology expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment or discrimination based on any of the characteristics mentioned above. Improper interference with the ability of other employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated. To request accommodation, contact Julia Bergeman, 571-308-1408, email@example.com.
Azure Summit Technology
ManufacturingView all jobs at Azure Summit Technology