Protocol Support Specialist
Azimuth Corporation Alexandria, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
This Position is Contingent Upon Contract Award
Citizenship: Must be a US Citizen
Clearance Required: None to Start
Personnel will provide support to the Defense Suicide Prevention Office (DSPO) in areas of suicide prevention program support, policy compliance, training oversight, communications, outreach and engagement, as well as administrative support.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide support to working groups, focus group events, DSPO internal meetings, roundtables, summits, committee meetings, ceremonies, and ad-hoc interagency/intergovernmental/non-governmental organization meetings, to include material production and logistical support in preparation for working and decision-making groups and committees, as well as facilitation of meetings, if necessary
- Support includes assisting in coordinating venue, managing invitations, registration and RSVP, coordinating parking, escorting, preparation of agendas, printing and distributing read- ahead materials, developing place cards, developing leadership binders, taking meeting notes, and other logistical support as needed
- Provide support to DSPO Strategic off sites to include preparing agendas, logistical and administrative support, taking meeting notes, and facilitating work group discussions. There are traditionally two off sites per year in the local area
- Coordinate participation in DoD and national events intended to reach Service members, their families and DoD civilians. Provide registration, logistical, administrative, and event participation support for internal and external engagements
- Provide logistical and administrative support for DSPO Governance structure meetings to include the quarterly Suicide Prevention General Officer Steering Committee (SPGOSC) and quarterly Suicide Prevention and Risk Reduction Committee (SPARRC). Meetings are held locally and consist of 20 DoD Senior Executive, General and Flag Officers for the SPGOSC and approximately 40 mid-level to senior level employees for the SPARRC
- Support to Governance structure includes, but is not limited to, reserving conference rooms, tracking attendees, taking meeting notes, developing place cards, printing meeting materials, building binders, and facilitating working group discussions
- Assist with developing agendas of the SPGOSC and SPARRC to ensure effective and efficient meetings are held
- Provide meeting minutes to the government for approval within three (3) business days from meeting completion in accordance with the DoD Correspondence manual
- Develop and maintain a current list of SPGOSC and SPARRC members to include contact information and update as needed
- Coordinate and maintain Governance structure designation appointment letters for the SPGOSC and SPARRC membership on an annual basis
Education, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor's Degree
- Must have experience in public affairs
- Possess working knowledge of prevention (e.g., suicide prevention, interpersonal violence, community health, etc.).
Physical Requirements / Travel
- Normal Environment
- No Travel Outside the National Capital Region
Azimuth is an award-winning Woman Owned Small Business specializing in providing research and development and professional services support to the federal government. Azimuth's agility, customer driven approach and our commitment to our employees allows us to meet and exceed our client goals. Excellence, Integrity, Accountability, Community and Humility are the core values of Azimuth as we continue to strive as a recognized leader in the management consulting community that both federal agencies and industry partners value doing business with. We are an organization that offers both our employees and clients an exceptional experience; our culture will be contagious, while always maintaining a genuine reputation.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Azimuth Corporation does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
BusinessView all jobs at Azimuth Corporation