AI/ML Functional Specialist
Azimuth Corporation Arlington, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
This Position is Contingent Upon Contract Award
Citizenship: Must be a US Citizen
Clearance Required: Top Secret/SCI
Artificial Intelligence (AI) Enterprise Functional Specialists to join the DOD led initiative to bring increased artificial intelligence capability to the PACOM theater primarily through the acquisition or development of computer vision algorithms capable of performing a number of automated tasks. The AI Enterprise FS/SMEs on this task will be high performing individuals who desire to work on the cutting edge of AI and deep learning and make a transformational difference to the DIE. Contractors will be experienced operating within fast-paced, challenging, multi-faceted projects that include diverse teams of performers, including technical, financial, analytical, and managerial background.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Providing for translation of a system (or subsystem, program, project, activity) concept into a preliminary and detailed design (engineering plans and specifications), performing risk identification/analysis, mitigation, and traceability.
- Directing the gathering of user requirements and translating them into workable automated solutions. In-depth knowledge of artificial intelligence database architectures, object-oriented design, and systems implementation. Capability to assess products and procedures for compliance with government standards, and information assurance. Must be able to lead all stages of a project's lifecycle, including the creation and monitoring of schedules, requirements documentation, systems design and specifications, and project status reporting.
- Possessing knowledge of the DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) which, describes the DoD process for identifying, implementing, assessing, and managing cybersecurity capabilities and services, expressed as security controls, and authorizing the operation of Information Systems (IS)and Platform Information Technology (PIT) systems. RMF brings a risk-based approach to the implementation of cybersecurity, supports cybersecurity integration early and throughout the system lifecycle, promotes reciprocity to the maximum extent possible and stresses continuous monitoring. RMF replaces the DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP). Familiarity with the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) for DoD information assurance systems accreditation.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or STEM is required.
- Master’s in computer information systems or related field is desired.
- Enterprise-wide knowledge and in one or more designated functional or domain areas of joint PED, Army PED, AF PED, Navy PED, Marine PED, information assurance, Maritime operations, medium altitude, high altitude, data, test & evaluation, captured enemy materials, artificial intelligence work, engineering and integration, acquisition lifecycle and management, public available information/social media, is required.
- Must possess current US PASSPORT
- Knowledge of Linux based systems is highly desired
- Knowledge of Cloud architecture, application and integration is highly desired.
- Knowledge in the development, application, and execution of Security Classification Guides is highly desired.
- Knowledge in OPSEC programs is highly desired.
- Knowledge of supply chain risk management is highly desired.
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions is preferred.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data is highly preferred.
- Ability to examine/observe details is highly preferred.
Physical Requirements / Travel
- Normal office environment most of the time but may have to operate for short periods in austere environment
- 50% OCONUS Pacific theater
Azimuth is an award-winning Woman Owned Small Business specializing in providing research and development and professional services support to the federal government. Azimuth's agility, customer driven approach and our commitment to our employees allows us to meet and exceed our client goals. Excellence, Integrity, Accountability, Community and Humility are the core values of Azimuth as we continue to strive as a recognized leader in the management consulting community that both federal agencies and industry partners value doing business with. We are an organization that offers both our employees and clients an exceptional experience; our culture will be contagious, while always maintaining a genuine reputation.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Azimuth Corporation does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
TechnologyView all jobs at Azimuth Corporation