Azadi Enterprise, language & cultural solution is a provider of language and cultural services across Greater Sacramento Area of California. Azadi Enterprise is connecting cultures and promoting communication between the clients who speak English and a person with No English or Limited English Proficiency. Azadi Enterprise is seeking fluent, bilingual interpreters as Independent Contractors for On-Site Interpretation to facilitate this communication in Sacramento & Modesto of CALIFORNIA.
This on-call opportunity is for individuals who have the flexibility to accept assignments on an "as needed basis."
Languages in Demand:
- Chinese Mandarin
- Farsi (Persian)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide professional interpretation to various settings mostly in health care from English to the target language and vice versa
- Provide and hold a cultural understanding between parties with different cultural background for better understanding.
- Assist individuals with limited English skills in completing necessary forms.
- Maintain a professional attitude and provide excellent customer service with clients, patients and co-workers.
- Submit required timesheets, invoices and other documentation, as required on regular basis.
- Maintain confidentiality of all personal or healthcare information and issues learned during interpretation as specified and required by HIPAA.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Being fluent to speak, read, and write in English and a second language as listed above.
- Having the listening and speaking skills sufficient to interpret completely and accurately.
- Holding a high school diploma or equivalent (GED) degree.
- Successful completion of a medical terminology or legal/language examination.
- Ability to work during regular business hours and flexibility to work on weekends
- Ability to travel to multiple locations within the specified region
- Having a reliable means of transportation and possession of a valid California Driver's License
- Maintain professional appearance during interpretation sessions
- Previous professional Interpreting training and/or experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and health care system & legal & social services and professional standards is preferred.
Applicants can apply through Zip Recruiter or send a copy of their resume and cover letter stating how they are meeting the requirements of the position to:
Please clearly indicate the LANGUAGE and the CITY, you are applying for. This is an open position and will be closed once the required number of interpreters are hired as independent contractors.
Please only apply if you are fluent both in English and in a target language, and meet the position qualifications stated above.