Director People Ops / HR
- Expired: October 24, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
As the leading cannabis multi-state operator (MSO), AYR Wellness is on a journey to be a force for good; and it all starts with our belief in the power and potential of the plant.
We believe in creating an environment in which we can all flourish, one where every individual can find their genius and pursue their passion, because it's this dedication to creating a culture of excellence, one where we're all empowered to achieve our dreams, that will propel us forward. We're a company that puts our people first. A place where talent is rewarded, diversity is celebrated, and innovative thinking is championed and we believe that together we can build a better and brighter future for ourselves, our industry, and our world.
Join us as we create wonder together.
The Director of People Ops s responsible for developing HR strategies and serve as a trusted advisor and business partner to senior management on all related subjects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and build People Operations as part of strategic partnership to designated customer group(s) consistent with the company's strategic direction, functioning as integral foundation for the HR function.
- Act as the Operational VP's strategic Business Partner and collaborate on planning and development of business/employee related programs and metrics that promote company goals and objectives, oversight of performance management, talent development, employee, and labor relations.
- Establish and support adequate internal operating procedures, to include metrics and service levels to ensure consistent operation and performance. Drive continuous improvement and consistency of processes to deliver exceptional support across the organization.
- Build and maintain a strong high-performance team; promote a culture of high customer service; actively encourage and foster sharing of ideas and cross-functional collaboration.
- Track, analyze, and leverage statistics related to employee and manager inquiries, issues, questions; identify opportunities for improved service and communication. Collaborate in the development and monitoring of HR metrics and organizational trends.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies and employment laws in collaboration with Legal/Compliance and business partner(s).
- Act as change management lead in promoting, driving and establishment of company goals, objectives, and overall business direction.
- Supports payroll processes by promoting and establishing a collaborative environment with HR Shared Services team to ensure timely and accurate process of all payroll transactions and interface with the finance function.
- Lead intra-departmental communications and engagement to ensure every team member understands our HR Team strategy and the direct impact we have on employees and our business
- Build and maintain relationships with a diverse set of internal stakeholders to increase visibility and improve the quality of communications throughout the organization
- Partner with HR team to develop communications plans and materials for company-wide HR initiatives (e.g., annual performance review cycle, benefits open enrollment, HR policy changes & enhancements, employee voice surveys, etc.).
- Manage and support issues and crisis communications.
- Contribute to the development and creation of new positions and job descriptions, including content/formatting and ensuring alignment across the organization regarding banding, titling, reporting structure, etc.
- Partner with compliance, legal, and HR to stay up to date with all local, state, and federal regulations around staffing, specifically within the cannabis industry.
- Assist in implementation and management of internal processes/SOPs, programs, and short-term/long-term team strategies and initiatives
- Minimum of ten years of progressive HR experience that includes leadership responsibilities in and HR organization with expertise in employee/labor relations, talent management and development, change management, systems integration, and vendor management.
- Outstanding process and people management skills with proven ability to solve complex problems, manage cross-functional projects, and implement objectives-based solutions.
- Understanding of payroll administration (Federal and State laws, Local tax is a plus, prevailing wage).
- HRIS database management experience, able to make informed decisions and recommendations based on data and statistics.
- Must meet the age requirement as outlined by state cannabis agencies
- Able to pass all background checks/fingerprinting as required by state cannabis agencies
- Able to provide valid badging/credentials as required by state cannabis agencies
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA (Master of Business Administration) preferred, and professional certifications such as PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SCP highly desired
- 10 years
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Decision Making - based upon a mixture of analysis, experience, and best practices judgment.
- Problem Solving and Analysis Skills- address advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations.
- Delegation - clearly and comfortably assign routine and important tasks and decisions.
- Developing Staff - provide challenging and stretching tasks and assignments.
- Process Management -simplify complex processes and maximize resources.
- Strong Communication Skills - strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Time Management- manage multiple tasks, deadlines, and adapt to a changing and fast-paced work environment.
- Tolerance for Ambiguity - comfortable with uncertainty, unpredictability, conflicting directions, and multiple demands; able to operate effectively in an uncertain environment.
- Project Management - application of processes, methods, skills, knowledge, and experience to achieve specificprojectobjectives on time within budget constraints.
- Oversees multiple departments
This person will primarily work in an office setting but may be exposed to odors from within a Cultivation/Production facility. This person will be travelling between dispensaries and Cultivation/Production facilities within AYR Wellness.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment while handling occasional high stress
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods as well as move about inside facility
- Frequently lift or move up to 10lbs.
- Repetitive movements
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
At AYR Wellness, our vision is to be a force for good in all we do and to bring lasting positive change to our communities, our industry, and our world. And it wouldn't be possible without our exceptionally talented team. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the uniqueness of each employee and supports their individual journey in finding their genius and pursuing their passion.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to pursuing our vision for the future, and we believe that our success is dependent on building a truly equitable, collaborative, and inclusive team. One that reflects the diversity of the communities that we serve.
In addition to a generous benefits package, and unparalleled career opportunities, as an employee at Ayr Wellness, you can expect to be provided with industry-leading training which will offer you an in-depth insight into the wonderful world of cannabis.Employment Type: Full-Time
BusinessView all jobs at Ayr Wellness
Get fresh Lead Operator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.