Red Team Operator -
Axxum Technologies Alexandria, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Red Team member/Penetration tester to support our client remotely. Must possess minimum of 5 years red team/penetration testing experience. This is an actual red team/penetration testing position, and you will be doing "real world" assessments against a live, complex information infrastructure.
You must possess strong fundamental cybersecurity skills and knowledge (i.e. networking fundamentals including all OSI layers, basic protocols such as TCP, UDP, HTTP, SMTP, SSL, etc., various security technologies such as Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Web Proxies and DLP, Windows and *NIX operating systems to include boot process through understanding of the execution flow of boot time processes, software exploitation such as web, client-server, mobile, and wireless, on modern operating systems and familiarization with XSS, SSJS, filter bypassing, SQL Injection, as well as common reconnaissance, exploitation, and post exploitation frameworks).
- Conduct targeted penetration tests and exploitations without use of automated tools against "real world" targets.
- Research new tools, techniques, countermeasures and trends in network vulnerabilities, data hiding and general network security concepts.
- Assist in deterring, identifying, monitoring, investigating, and analyzing computer network intrusions.
- Be a "team player", willing to share best practices and always strive for improvement.
- Be highly skilled in both written and verbal communication. You will be briefing key stakeholders and will be writing comprehensive reports regarding computer forensic and intrusion / analytical findings.
- Assist in deterring, identifying, monitoring, investigating, and analyzing computer network intrusions
- Be familiar with interpreting log output from networking devices, operating systems, and infrastructure services.
- Be familiar with common reconnaissance, exploitation, and post exploitation frameworks.
- Be highly motivated and a self-started.
- Possess and maintain an OSCP certification (other related certs will be considered, such as CEH, GPEN, etc.).
- Have and develop knowledge of malware packing and obfuscation techniques.
Preferred but not mandatory:
- Possess a bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business Management, or Technology related fields
- Possess the ability to automate tasks using a scripting language (Python, Perl, Ruby, etc.)
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with customers, senior level personnel, and team members.
- Strong organization skills to prioritize work and balance complex projects.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to accept constructive feedback and implement changes immediately.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Benefits and Perks
Axxum Technologies benefits for eligible employees include:
Paid Holiday Leave
Paid Time Off
Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance
Employer-Paid Term Life Insurance
Eligibility to Participate in Flexible Spending Accounts Plan
Eligibility for Educational Assistance Program
Employee Referral Bonus Program
Transit Benefit Program in DC Metro Area
Powered by JazzHR
TechnologyView all jobs at Axxum Technologies