Axxum Technologies is an up and coming technology firm that ensures success by hiring the right people. If you're up to the challenge and interested in great growth opportunities we want to hear from you.
The ideal Digital Forensic Analyst candidate will provide internal and client support and technical services. Performs special assignments requiring a thorough knowledge of specific subject matters, e.g., digital forensics acquisition, e-discovery collection processes, and procedures. Coordinates and monitors workflow and quality of work within the assigned area. Responsible for augmenting and strengthening personal forensics and technology-related skill set to enhance the company’s forensics service offering(s).
Responsibilities and Duties
Perform forensic analysis on all common operating system environments, to include, but not limited to, Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, UNIX, Linux, Solaris, as well as embedded systems.
Analyze digital media (logs, code, phones, hard drives, memory dumps, etc.) to determine attack vectors and develop mitigation techniques.
- Identify possible threats based on analysis of digital media.
- Maintain readiness to divert and deploy teams of contract resources to provide on-site support and assistance in the event of an exercise or cyber incident.
- Develop and disseminate engagement reports, technical reports, and briefs based on analytic findings.
- Identify and document tactics, techniques, and procedures used by an attacker to gain unauthorized access.
- Develop procedures and processes to analyze and categorize digital media.
- Follow industry standard forensic best practices while imaging, preserving, transporting and handling electronic data and associated physical devices.
- Participate in the inter-agency sponsored community of interest analysis groups, conduct and participate in technical briefings and exchanges.
- Communicate, coordinate and share information and work closely with NCCIC and other HIRT components.
- Develop tips, indicators, warnings and actionable information.
- Support the development of performance metrics.
- Adhere to the CONOPS and SOPs of the HIRT and Digital Forensics Group (DFG). Assist with preservation and duplication of original media obtained from customers.
- Assist with maintaining the readiness of all DFG fly-away kits, storage media, and forensic VM analyst images.
- Assist with maintaining DFG computer equipment and software licensing.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Active Top Secret Security Clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI is required. In addition, the selected candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a favorably adjudicated DHS background investigation (EOD) for continued employment.
- Familiarity with at least one of the following tools: EnCase, Forensic Toolkit, Autopsy/Sleuthkit
- Knowledge of investigative methods to locate specific electronic data.
- Proficiency in the latest cyber forensics, response, and reverse engineering skills and understanding of the latest exploit methodologies.
Benefits and Perks
Axxum Technologies benefits for eligible employees include:
- Paid Holiday Leave
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employer-Paid Term Life Insurance
- Eligibility to Participate in Flexible Spending Accounts Plan
- Eligibility for Educational Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Transit Benefit Program in DC Metro Area
- 401K Plan