Senior Data Engineer (715)
Axtria, Inc. Berkeley Heights, NJ
- Posted: over a month ago
Axtria is a global provider of cloud software and data analytics to the Life Sciences industry. We help Life Sciences companies transform the product commercialization journey to drive sales growth and improve healthcare outcomes for patients. We are acutely aware that our work impacts millions of patients and lead passionately to improve their lives.
Since our founding in 2010, technology innovation has been our winning differentiation, and we continue to leapfrog competition with platforms that deploy Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. Our cloud-based platforms - Axtria SalesIQ™, Axtria DataMax™, Axtria InsightsMax™, and Axtria MarketingIQ™ - enable customers to efficiently manage data, leverage data science to deliver commercial planning insights, and manage end-to-end commercial operations. With customers in over 75 countries, Axtria is one of the largest global commercial solutions providers in the Life Sciences industry. We continue to win industry recognition for growth and are featured in some of the most aspirational lists – 2020 Great Place to Work, INC 5000, Deloitte FAST 500, NJBiz FAST 50, SmartCEO Future 50, Red Herring 100, and several other growth and technology awards.
Axtria is looking for exceptional talent to join our rapidly growing global team. People are our biggest perk! Our transparent and collaborative culture offers a chance to work with some of the brightest minds in the industry. Axtria Institute, our in-house university, offers the best training in the industry and an opportunity to learn in a structured environment. A customized career progression plan ensures every associate is setup for success and able to do meaningful work in a fun environment. We want our legacy to be the leaders we produce for the industry. Will you be next?
To be a technology lead in implementing ETL/DWH solutions with prior experience in the Pharma domain. Should have an overall 6 - 10 years of relevant experience in designing and implementing Data Warehousing, Data Integration and Data lake projects with some experience in pharma or healthcare domain for US based customers.
- Necessary Skills–
- Strong proficiency in SQL and NoSQL database design, development and maintenance.
- SQL technologies: SQL Server, Oracle, Redshift and Bigquery
- NoSQL technologies: Cassandara, HBase and Mongo DB
- Proficient in building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and datasets using technologies like Spark, Hive, AWS Data Pipeline, Azure Data Factory and Apache Airflow etc
- Proficient in stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Proficient in building processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- Experience in building reusable and metadata driven components for data ingestion, transformation and delivery
- Experience of working closely with Data Science / ML Engineers. Experience of any one DS platform like Knime, Alteryx or Dataiku is desired
- Experience of integrating various systems using Rest APIs or Message Queues is desired
- Experience of using TDD (Test Driven Development) approach with automated unit tests
- Experience of working in large teams and using collobration tools like GIT, Jira and Confluence
- Good understanding of any one cloud platform – AWS, Azure or GCP
- Good understanding of modern architecture patterns like serverless and microservices
- Experience of working in complete Software Development life cycle involving analysis, technical design, development, testing, , trouble shooting, maintenance, documentation and Agile Methodology
- Should have an attitude of willing to learn, accept the challenging environment and confidence in delivering the results within timelines. Should be inclined towards self motivation and self-driven to find solutions for problems.
- Logical Thinking – Able to think analytically, use a systematic and logical approach to analyze data, problems, and situations. Notices discrepancies and inconsistencies in information and materials.
- Task Management – Basic level of task management knowledge and experience. Should be able to plan own tasks, discuss and work on priorities, track and report progress
- Communication – Able to convey ideas and information clearly and accurately to self or others whether in writing or verbal.
- Bachelor’s Degree required / technical undergraduate degree preferred, MBA or equivalent preferred.
- Required Experience:
- Minimum of at least 6 years of relevant experience as Data Engineer
- Behavioral Competency
- Excellent communication skills (must be able to interface with both technical and business leaders in the organization)
- Strong analytical skills to solve and model complex business requirements are a plus
Location & Logistics:
- We are hiring for Berkeley Heights, NJ
- U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply
- Flexibility to travel and/or relocate within the US as per project requirements
Powered by JazzHR
AddressBerkeley Heights, NJ
TechnologyView all jobs at Axtria, Inc.