Director - Data Governance Technical Alation Specialist (1087)
Axtria is a global provider of cloud software and data analytics to the Life Sciences industry. We help Life Sciences companies transform the product commercialization journey to drive sales growth and improve healthcare outcomes for patients. We are acutely aware that our work impacts millions of patients and leads passionately to improve their lives. Since our founding in 2010, technology innovation has been our winning differentiation. We continue to leapfrog competition with platforms that deploy Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. Our cloud-based platforms - Axtria DataMAx™, Axtria SalesIQ™, Axtria InsightsMAx™, and Axtria CustomerIQ™ - enable customers to efficiently manage data, leverage data science to deliver insights for sales and marketing planning, and manage end-to-end commercial operations. We help customers in the complete journey from Data to Insights to Operations. With customers in over 75+ countries, Axtria is one of the biggest global commercial solutions providers in the Life Sciences industry. We continue to win industry recognition for growth and are featured in some of the most aspirational lists - Inc. 5000, Deloitte Technology Fast 500™, NJBIZ Fast 50, SmartCEO Future 50, Red Herring 100, and several other growth and technology awards.
Axtria is looking for exceptional talent to join our rapidly growing global team. People are our biggest perk! Our transparent and collaborative culture offers a chance to work with some of the brightest minds in the industry. Axtria Institute, our in-house university, offers the best training in the industry and an opportunity to learn in a structured environment. A customized career progression plan ensures every associate is set up for success and able to do meaningful work in a fun environment. We want our legacy to be the leaders we produce for the industry. Will you be next?
Are you passionate about Data? Do you believe that data governance is critical for organizations to use data responsibly and efficiently for realizing business goals? Are you ready to take charge and lead innovative data governance strategies and solutions? This role at Axtria is the right fit for you!
We are looking for a Data Governance Technical Alation Specialist, who will join us in Data Management practice, driving Data Governance best practices, strategy, and adoption. You will be responsible for creating an expert point of view to generate business value by improving data quality, data access, data findability, and data interoperability, implementing all aspects of the FAIR data concept.
This role requires a deep understanding of data governance principles, data management discipline, data privacy, and regulatory compliance requirements and solutions. The ideal candidate should possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to communicate complex concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
As a Data Governance technical Alation specialist, you will be responsible for providing clients with Technical Data Governance Consulting on various aspects of Data Governance. This will include the following key responsibilities:
- Stay current with industry trends, emerging technologies, and pharma regulatory changes that may impact data governance practices.
- Design and implement a comprehensive data governance technical solution Blueprint and capabilities roadmap that aligns with the organization's Data Governance Strategy
- Drive thought leadership on Data Governance technology platforms and selection, with expert knowledge/PoV on top DG platforms, like, Alation, Informatica, Collibra
- Design data governance solution frameworks, covering all tenets of Enterprise Data governance, aka Data Catalog, Metadata Management, Lineage Management, Business Glossary, Data Quality Management, Data access and controls, Data Marketplace
- As a Data Governance technical expert on client projects take ownership of:
- Technical solution architecture aligning with clients near term and strategic objectives
- Demonstrate cross-functional leadership, aligning clients’ business and IT teams
- Ensure that the technical solution architecture meets stringent quality criteria –review test strategy, test plans, test cases, and their successful execution.
- Be ready, willing, and capable to do hands-on Data Governance tenets configurations/integrations, as needed
- Lead/facilitate client pre-sales and/or project workshops
- Responsible for creating processes to drive efficiencies & executing them to support the long-term sustainment of DG operations
- Collaborate with Axtria Product Teams and contribute to the enhancement of Data Governance capabilities.
- Coach junior team members
Data Governance Technical Architect:
- Identify and understand client requirements, issues, and gaps in technical implementations, and recommend Data Governance solutions to meet their immediate and long-term needs.
- Work closely with client partners to conceptualize and develop the right technical solution for the client’s end-to-end data governance requirements
- Demonstrate technical and strategic leadership
- Act and be seen as a trusted advisor by both client and internal stakeholders
- Lead project scoping, estimation, and key activities to ensure quality deliverables
- Design and implement Data Governance project(s) as per requirements.
- Lead solution design leveraging DG tools, such as Informatica IDMC, Collibra, Alation, or open source and cloud-native capabilities (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Troubleshoot and Resolve technical issues
- Coach junior team members and lead DG technical competencies and skills strength
- Need to actively contribute to Pre-Sales / Business Development of the Data Governance domain.
- Identify and develop use cases, POCs, and demos to demonstrate our capability in end-to-end governance of Life Science data assets, including common internal application data, and 3rd party data.
- Design and create innovative solutions as accelerators across Data Governance tenets
- Author solutions for clients’ pain points via Point of View, Thought Leadership, and white papers.
- Work with cross-functional team and lead development and delivery of RFP response
Desired Skills & Experience
- Overall 15+ years of progressive experience in information technology, with 8+ years in technical leadership in a Data Management or Data Office designing and implementing data governance platforms/solutions
- Experience as a technical solution architect - designed and implemented Data Governance solutions for mid to large scale organization
- Strong Knowledge of Data Warehouses/Lakehouse architectures, Master Data Management, Data Quality Management, Data Integration, and Data Warehouse architecture
- Hands-on experience and proficiency in Data Governance tools like Informatica IDMC, Collibra, and Alation across all DG capabilities, aka, Data Catalog, Metadata Management, Glossary, Lineage, Data classification / Access / Security, Data Marketplace
- Self-starter who can work independently or as a team player.
- Excellent at both verbal and written communications (must be able to represent Axtria and lead discussions with both technical and business leaders in the organization)
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Strong aptitude for problem-solving and working with large data sets
- Proven ability to handle multiple clients in an advisory capacity
- Bachelor's degree in computer science. MBA / Master s Degree/Ph.D. is preferred
- Prior consulting experience will be a plus
- Strong knowledge of data assets and data management principles either in Life Science commercial or clinical operations is a plus
Logistics and Location: -
- We are hiring for Berkeley Heights, New Jersey.
- U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply.
- Flexibility to travel and/or relocate within the US as per project requirements.
Powered by JazzHR
Axtria, Inc.Berkeley Heights, NJ
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.