Regional Business Manager
Axon Contracting Bloomfield Hills, MI
- Posted: 24 days ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
The Regional Business Manager will oversee the daily operations of the Michigan cannabis entities to ensure goals and objectives are achieved. Axon Properties is located in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan and is comprised of multiple cannabis operational and real estate assets. Currently, Axon operates the following facilities:
1) 20,000 sq. ft. indoor grow facility in Battle Creek, Michigan.
2) 20-acre outdoor grow in outside of Arlington, Michigan (online April 2021).
3) Retail facility in Ferndale, Michigan.
In addition, we are constructing multiple cultivation and retail facilities throughout southeastern Michigan. Axon is also expanding into other states.
- This position will have 3 direct reports, the lead at each of the 3 facilities.
- Leading by example. This a hands-on operational management position. You will regularly be at the facilities driving accountability with the facility operational teams.
- Motivates staff at all levels toward the realization of articulated vision and toward the accomplishment of goals consistent with the strategic plan.
- Hires and trains new employees.
- Organizes and oversees the schedules and work of assigned staff.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with company policy.
- Effectively manages current operations to optimize efficiency, quality, service, and cost-effective management of resources.
- Measures productivity by analyzing performance data, financial data, and activity reports. Regularly reviews operational reports and financial statements to determine progress and status in meeting corporate objectives, providing guidance, mentorship and critique and taking actions to assure favorable outcomes.
- Promotes the development of new facilities and services to meet changing market demands in alignment with the organization’s strategic plan.
- Sets and takes direction from ownership and establishes expectations and measurements for organizational achievements.
- Ensures business processes are established, up-to-date and in practice at each facility.
- Ensure facilities are well maintained and all subcontractors perform upgrades and repairs as per contract.
- Compliance - Must possess a strong history of interaction with regulatory agencies. The focus must be to ensure that the organization is always staying compliant.
- Coordinates with other support departments such as human resources, finance, and logistics to ensure successful operations.
- Oversees the shipping and receiving functions.
- Determines labor needs to meet production goals.
- Coordinates with marketing and sales departments to determine pricing, timing, and number of sales promotions, and products to be sold.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Education and Experience:
- Cannabis and/or agriculture industry experience is strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Business Administration, or related field required; M.B.A. preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of operations and production management.
- Experience across multiple functions including operations, finance and sales.
- An energetic, passionate, forward-thinking individual with expertise in start-ups/fast growth companies/fast paced environments is a plus.
- Ability to interpret financial data as needed to set production goals. Possess strong ability to measure against KPIs.
- Excellent managerial and supervisory skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
AddressBloomfield Hills, MI
BusinessView all jobs at Axon Contracting