Independent Precious Metals analytical laboratory seeking swing shift fire assay technician, with the opportunity to learn wet bench Chemistry and Instrumental techniques (plasma spectroscopy). Experience preferred but not necessary. Wage commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Operate as a fire assay technician in a high-grade precious metals assay lab. Perform smelting operations in a fast-paced environment. This position will also help in the wet-chemistry laboratory, being cross-trained on a variety of processes, including:
● Sample preparation.
● Inductively Coupled Plasma (ICP-OES) machine operation.
● Acid digestions/chemical precipitations.
● Gravimetric analysis.
Come work in a high-tech laboratory with ample opportunities for career growth and promotion within the organization!
Entry-level! No experience required, although 1+ year of prior lab/fire assay/sample prep experience is preferred. On-the-job training offered throughout career. Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision (following training), as well in a high-functioning team for certain tasks.
Must be able to:
- Lift/handle up to 50 lbs.
- Stand, walk, and bend for at least 7 hours.
- Wear half-/full-face respirator and other PPE throughout duration of shift.
- Work under hot and cold conditions in a lead-contaminated room.
- Work safely with hazardous materials and molten metals.