AXIS is seeking a dynamic, detail orientated, outcome driven Business Operations Specialist to execute company-wide processes in support of the management team and back-office systems/technologies. This role helps to execute and support company-wide operational processes including but not limited to back-office systems operations, physical and virtual asset tracking/control, data/information tracking, problem resolution, contract reporting, intelligence gathering, and knowledge management. Utmost attention on this position of trust and responsibility shall be paid to teamwork, confidentiality, information security measures, and data privacy.
This position will report directly to the Director of Operations and includes opportunities to interface with senior leadership and advance professionally.
- Critical point of contact for company’s operations by support and tracking problem resolution
- Help close gaps in operational processes, breakdown information silos, and reduce bottlenecks
- Administer and review contract data including timekeeping approvals, reporting, and deliverable tracking
- Administer company back-office software systems and data in support of various company functions
- Perform document management with emphasis on information integrity and confidentiality—including physical asset libraries, legal agreements, contracts, etc.
- Reconcile/validate data entry to ensure data integrity and supporting routine reporting
- Support company’s operational needs on its joint-venture projects
- Other duties as assigned
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of business core principles and office management processes and demonstrated ability to apply that knowledge to efficient support of back office processing for a company
- Understanding of business data entry tracking, quality, integration, and reporting efforts
- Proficiency in common business support software such as Microsoft Office Suite, Cloud Storage (Box, OneDrive), Email, Search Tools, Web Conferencing (Zoom, Goto Meeting).
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team supporting a matrix organization
- Demonstrated responsibility, reliability, follow-through, honesty, and ability to safeguard confidential information
- Excellent and flawless ability to communicate orally and in writing and to understand instructions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while performing multiple tasks and adjusting to changing priorities
- Able to perform well under pressure and to handle usual work environment issues and conflicts appropriately
- Maintain and enforce confidentiality, information security, and data privacy
Additional Desired Skills
- Experience with government contracting and common business support software such as Atlassian (Confluence), Smartsheet, Government Databases (FPDS, GovTribe, Deltek) is a plus
- Experience with specialized knowledge management, workflow management, contents repositories, and/or collaboration/portal software tools
- Knowledge of general government contracting processes for a company
- Knowledge of government invoicing and/or general finance/accounting a plus
Experience and Education Qualifications
- BA/BS or Associates Degree in Operations, General Administration, Information Systems
- 3+ years’ experience in Office Management/Administration or Back-office Operations
- Additional years of experience may be substituted in-lieu of education requirements
- Strong detail orientation
- Background check required
Eventual Secondary Responsibilities
There is potential for this role to become a full-time Operations Analyst or Manager
Why Work With AXIS?
- Our core values emphasize the importance of working as a team and giving an unparalleled client experience
- We have a positive, fast-paced environment with plenty of opportunity for professional growth
- We use leading edge technology to make your workday as efficient as possible
- Flexible work environment
- Remote with travel to AXIS’ McLean, VA office when safe to do so
Security Clearance Requirements
For more information, please visit www.axisus.com
Axis Management Group LLC
Why Work Here?AXIS Management Group is an IT and Management consulting firm based in McLean, VA providing services to federal and municipal clients. Our IT capabilities include digital transformation, cybersecurity, and dev ops. We also provide deep program management and program design support. For more information, please visit www.axisus.com
High visibility role, room for growth, family-oriented!