Patient Experience Specialist - Archuleta Integrated Healthcare
- Expired: August 31, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Patient Experience Specialist - Archuleta Integrated Healthcare - Full Time, Pagosa Springs, CO
This job qualifies for a $1,000 one-time sign on bonus
*Axis Health System follows COVID-19 safety and cleaning protocols recommended by the CDC and San Juan Department of Health*
Axis Health System is a private, nonprofit healthcare organization established in 1960, providing healthcare to residents of Delta, Gunnison, Montrose, Ouray, Hinsdale, San Miguel, Dolores, San Juan, Montezuma, LaPlata, Archuleta. Axis Health System provides the care people need when they need it.
If you are a dedicated professional who aspires to be part of an innovative culture and is interested in mission-driven healthcare,Axis Health System is a great fit for you.
Company Name:Axis Health System
Title of Position: Patient Experience Specialist
Internal Job Code: D1111--1010
Position Type: Full Time
- $16.00 - $17.96 per hourwhich includes a $.50 locale differential at our Pagosa worksite and considers preferred experience and preferred education described below.
Eligibility for Bonuses:No
- All paid leave
- Public Health Emergency Leave
- Health Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
Location: Archuleta Integrated Health, Pagosa Springs, CO
Description of Responsibilities:
- The Integrated Clinic Patient Experience Specialist is responsible for providing exceptional front line customer service to integrated clinic patients, staff and all others contacting the clinic for assistance. Duties include responding to customer requests in person, by phone and via the patient portal including the coordination and scheduling of appointments for multiple Axis Health System (AHS) services. The Receptionist maintains broad knowledge of all AHS services and links patients and other customers to the appropriate resource to satisfy their request.
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Employee is frequently required to walk, sit, stand or kneel and occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop. Must have ability to sit for longer periods at a computer. Employee must be able to travel between AHS locations. Possible potential exposure to communicable disease. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. AHS may make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required Education and Experience:
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum Certifications: N/A
- Degree/Level: N/A
- Minimum Experience: N/A
- PreferredEducation and Experience:
- Education: Any combination of education and experience which ensures the ability to perform the work may substitute for the education and experience requirements above.
- Minimum Certifications: N/A
- Degree/Level: Completion of a degree or certificate program in an office or health administration field is preferred.
- Minimum Experience: A minimum of 3 years of experience in a health care setting is preferred.
- Must be knowledgeable regarding patient health information and HIPAA compliance.
- Must be organized and demonstrate the ability to follow guidelines.
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must demonstrate the ability to be self-directed.
- Must demonstrate the ability to follow the organization's confidentiality and security rules.
- Pleasant, professional telephone manner and the ability to manage a multi-line phone system.
- General understanding of 3rd party payors and medical insurance regulations.
- Working knowledge of, and/or ability to learn, sophisticated patient scheduling system(s).
- Knowledge of basic mathematics, bookkeeping, and/or accounting sufficient to accurately perform financial transactions as required by the position.
- Ability to interact with people, including staff, patients, and outside agencies in a professional, friendly manner.
- Ability to be helpful and sensitive to the needs of all employees, while concurrently respecting corporate policies, procedures and priorities.
- Willingness to interact with a diverse patient population, with appreciation for the unique nature of the services provided by the organization.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize workload in a sometimes-hectic environment with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to concentrate in sometimes hectic and stressful settings.
- Ability to read and understand written materials.
- Attention to detail.
- Must be able to work beyond normally scheduled hours on occasion.
- Must regard work as confidential and understand and comply with all HIPAA regulations.
- Working knowledge of Windows based computer applications to include MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and Internet Access.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment including calculator, copy machine, fax and multi-line telephone.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all internal and external customers.
- Must have current driver's license, ability to travel within the service area, ability to be commercially insured and maintain a driving record that allows insurability with AHS' commercial insurance agency.
- Occasional travel required.
- Ability to take on additional duties when necessary.
Additional eligibility requirements:
- Annual Flu immunization
- COVID Vaccination Status
- Annual TB screening
- CPI training within 90 days of hire
- BLS certification required within 90 days of hire
How to Apply: https://axishealthsystem.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=693
Closing Date:Open until filled
For information on Axis Health System and our company culture, visit our website at:www.axishealthsystem.org
Axis Health System is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Axis Health System
52 Village Dr.Pagosa Springs, CO
HealthcareView all jobs at Axis Health System
Get fresh Healthcare Account Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.