Medical Assistant - LaPlata Integrated Healthcare
- Posted: over a month ago
Medical Assistant - Durango, CO
LaPlata Integrated Healthcare
*Axis Health System follows COVID-19 safety and cleaning protocols recommended by the CDC and San Juan Department of Health*
Axis Health System is a private, nonprofit healthcare organization established in 1960, providing healthcare to residents of Montezuma, La Plata, Archuleta, Dolores, and San Juan counties. Axis Health System provides the care people need when they need it.
If you are a dedicated professional who aspires to be part of an innovative culture and is interested in mission-driven healthcare, Axis Health System is a great fit for you.
Company Name: Axis Health System
Title of Position: Medical Assistant
Internal Code: D2101--1017
Position Type: Full Time
- $16.00 - $18.96 per hour which includes a $1.00 locale differential at our Durango worksites and considers preferred experience and preferred education described below.
Eligibility for Bonuses: No
- Sick Leave
- Public Health Emergency Leave
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
Location: LaPlata Integrated Healthcare
Description of Responsibilities:
- The medical assistant (MA) works as a member of the multi-disciplinary integrated patient care team performing delegated clinical and administrative duties consistent with the MA’s education, training and demonstrated competency.
Supervisory responsibilities: No
- Vision sufficient to read medical records, instruments, documentation, and visual changes in patient condition. Hearing must be sufficient to interact with a patient who may be unable to speak at a normal voice level. Mobility (including lifting, bending, stooping, reaching) and dexterity sufficient to assist patients and handle required instruments.
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Employee is frequently required to walk, sit, stand or kneel and occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop. Must have ability to sit for longer periods at a computer. Employee must be able to travel between AHS locations. Possible potential exposure to communicable disease. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. AHS may make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel required: Yes
Required Education and Experience:
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum Certifications: Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is required within 90 days.
- Minimum Experience: One to three years of experience as a medical assistant.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Minimum Certifications: Certification as a Certified Medical Assistant
- Must be knowledgeable regarding patient health information and HIPAA compliance.
- Must be organized and demonstrate the ability to follow guidelines.
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must demonstrate the ability to be self-directed.
- Must demonstrate the ability to follow the organization’s confidentiality and security rules.
- Knowledge and ability to operate standard office equipment including scanner, computer, calculator, copy machine, fax and multi-line telephone.
- Working knowledge of Windows based computer applications including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and ability to access the internet.
- Ability to be helpful and sensitive to the needs of all employees, while concurrently respecting corporate policies, procedures and priorities.
- Interpersonal and communication skills to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all internal and external customers.
- Ability to communicate job-related information to individuals and small groups.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision; plan own work schedule effectively and multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced setting.
- Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize workload in a sometimes-hectic environment with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to concentrate in sometimes hectic and stressful settings.
- Ability to read and understand written materials.
- Must regard work as confidential.
- Must have current driver’s license, qualify for commercial vehicle insurance and maintain a driving record that allows insurability with AHS’ insurance agency.
- Occasional travel required
- Ability to take on additional duties when necessary.
Additional eligibility requirements:
- Annual Flu immunization
- Annual TB screening
- COVID 19 Vaccination or Exemption
- CPI training within 90 days
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is required within 90 days.
How to Apply: https://axishealthsystem.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=670
Closing Date: Open until filled
For information on Axis Health System and our company culture, visit our website at: www.axishealthsystem.org
Axis Health System is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Axis Health System
HealthcareView all jobs at Axis Health System