Community Health Worker - LaPlata Integrated Healthcare
Axis Health System La Plata, CO
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Community Health Worker-Full Time-Durango, CO
*Axis Health System follows COVID-19 safety and cleaning protocols recommended by the CDC and San Juan Department of Health*
Axis Health System is a private, nonprofit healthcare organization established in 1960, providing healthcare to residents of Montezuma, La Plata, Archuleta, Dolores, and San Juan counties. Axis Health System provides the care people need when they need it.
If you are a dedicated professional who aspires to be part of an innovative culture and is interested in mission-driven healthcare, Axis Health System is a great fit for you.
Company Name: Axis Health System
Title of Position: Community Health Worker
Internal Job Code: ENBL I
Position Type: Full Time
Pay Range: $16.50 per hour (non-exempt/hourly)
Eligibility for Bonuses: No
- Sick Leave
- Public Health Emergency Leave
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
Location: LaPlata Integrated Healthcare
Description of Responsibilities:
- This position works with a designated clinical care team to provide comprehensive case management and care coordination for identified high-need patients. Conducting home visits, facilitating health promotion classes and staffing outreach events is periodically required.
Supervisory responsibilities: No
- Physical Demands
Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Employee is frequently required to walk, sit, stand, or kneel and occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop. Must have ability to sit for longer periods at a computer. Employee must be able to travel between AHS locations. Possible potential exposure to communicable disease. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. AHS may make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Abilities
Vision sufficient to read medical records, instruments, documentation, and visual changes in patient condition. Hearing must be sufficient to interact with a patient who may be unable to speak at a normal voice level.
Travel required: Yes
- Required Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social service, or other healthcare related field.
- Minimum Certifications: N/A
- Degree/Level: N/A
- Minimum Experience: N/A
- Preferred Education and Experience
- Education: N/A
- Minimum Certifications: N/A
- Degree/Level: N/A
- Minimum Experience: Experience working with community organizations as an advocate for high-need individuals
- Must be knowledgeable regarding patient health information and HIPAA compliance.
- Must be organized and demonstrate the ability to follow guidelines.
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must demonstrate the ability to be self-directed.
- Must demonstrate the ability to follow the organization’s confidentiality and security rules.
- Knowledge and ability to operate standard office equipment including scanner, computer, calculator, copy machine, fax, and multi-line telephone.
- Working knowledge of Windows based computer applications including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and ability to access the internet.
- Ability to be helpful and sensitive to the needs of all employees, while concurrently respecting corporate policies, procedures, and priorities.
- Interpersonal and communication skills to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all internal and external customers.
- Ability to understand, navigate and communicate knowledge pertaining to complex multi-organizational systems of care.
- Ability to communicate job-related information to individuals and small groups.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision; plan own work schedule effectively and multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced setting.
- Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize workload in a sometimes-hectic environment with frequent interruptions.
- Knowledge or ability to learn Care Coordination Models and Community Outreach Programs.
- Ability to learn new patient care documentation systems.
- Ability to concentrate in sometimes hectic and stressful settings.
- Ability to read and understand written materials.
- Must regard work as confidential.
- Must have current driver’s license, qualify for commercial vehicle insurance, and maintain a driving record that allows insurability with AHS’ insurance agency.
- Occasional travel required
- Ability to take on additional duties when necessary.
Additional eligibility requirements:
- Annual Flu immunization
- Annual TB screening
- CPI training within 90 days of Hire
- BLS certification required within 90 days of hire
How to Apply: https://axishealthsystem.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=528
Closing Date: Open until filled
For information on Axis Health System and our company culture, visit our website at: www.axishealthsystem.org
Axis Health System is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Axis Health System
AddressLa Plata, CO
GovernmentView all jobs at Axis Health System