MEDICAL DIRECTOR OF POPULATION HEALTH
- Posted: over a month ago
- Provide direct clinical medical services in the area of board certified medical specialty in accordance with the highest applicable standards of medical and professional practice.
- Work with the Quality Enhancement (QE) Team on quality initiatives, including but not limited to UDS, health plan/CHCN pay for performance plans, HealthPAC contract deliverables, and Care Based Incentive plan.
- Work with the QE Team to customize Epic to improve the provider end user experience.
- Serve as Clinical Champion for the Epic, working with QE to plan workflow changes associated with upgrades.
- Provide all services in accordance with accepted medical standards, organizational policies, contractual requirements, and in a manner that is responsive to the needs of all patients.
- Identify practice improvement opportunities and make a positive impact on resource utilization.
- Maintain a high level of awareness of evolving medical practices and work in collaboration with the Chief Medical Officer to develop and implement new practices and protocols as appropriate in adult medicine, pediatrics and women’s health services for all locations.
- Oversee peer review and utilization review activities, to include working with the Axis quality analytics staff on quality improvement and reporting for federal, state and local programs.
- Collaborate with the QE team on oversight for the remote patient monitoring program and plan for expansion of program as appropriate.
- Participate in Community Health Center Network meetings, internal and external meetings and activities as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of quality reporting requirements for UDS and HEDIS preferred.
- Ability to use any applicable clinical background for staff education, program implementation, and development of workflows as appropriate.
- Experience with reporting capabilities of Electronic Health Record systems, specifically Epic, and familiarity with data analytics preferred.
- Leadership experience with ability to effectively lead programs and manage professional–level employees.
- Current valid California physician or nurse practitioner license.
- Must obtain certification in Epic’s Provider Builder Program.
- Excellent ability to work well in a team setting.
- Ability to keep accurate, clear and legible records.
- Ability to interact effectively and in a supportive manner with persons of all backgrounds.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- M.D., D.O. or Advanced Nursing degree from a recognized academic institution with board certification in a primary care specialty field of practice. Board certification in Family Practice or Internal Medicine highly desired.
- Master’s level degree or higher in public health desirable.
- Employer paid health, dental, and vision benefits to the employee.
- Option to participate in a 403(B) retirement plan with employer matching contribution.
- Partial educational reimbursement.
- 12 paid holidays.
- Accrued paid time off with each pay period.
- Employee discount programs.
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
- License renewal fee reimbursement
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) reimbursement program
- NHSC Loan Repayment Program Participant
CONNECT WITH AXIS:
Company Page: https://www.axishealth.org
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Work is normally performed in a typical office work environment. While performing the responsibilities of this position, the individual is required to have ambulatory skills sufficient to visit various parts of the organization. Requires the ability to reach with hands and arms, climb stairs and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30lbs. Requires sitting and standing for extensive periods of time, operating a computer keyboard, telephone and other equipment for extended periods of time. Travel to other Axis health centers and other local travel will be required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Axis Community Health is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EEO). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at for assistance. . Link to "EEO is Law" poster: https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf As part of our hiring process Axis conducts background checks.
All Axis staff members must provide proof of vaccination for COVID-19. Exemptions to this requirement will be considered for those requesting a reasonable accommodation based on their medical, religious, or disability status. Staff members that are granted a reasonable accommodation will be required to undergo weekly testing.
Disclaimer: This job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, Axis Community Health reserves the right to modify or change the requirements of the job based on business necessity.
Axis Community Health
HealthcareView all jobs at Axis Community Health