COVID CALL CENTER OPERATOR
- Posted: over a month ago
- $20 to $24 Hourly
Salary Range:$20.00 To $23.88 Per Hour
Under the direction of the Call Center Supervisor:
- Schedule all incoming calls coming into the COVID phone queue.
- Assist other call center operators as needed with other phone queue scheduling.
- Transfer and redirect phone calls to appropriate staff and departments.
- Check patient insurance eligibility.
- Have complete knowledge and understanding of clinic operations and procedures.
- Collaborate with medical records, nurse and clinical staff to efficiently handle patient services.
- Provide outstanding customer service to clients and to ensure a positive image for Axis Community Health.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 1-year experience with medical office duties. Appointment scheduling a plus.
- Excellent telephone etiquette.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to build relationships with patients and staff; must be service oriented.
- An optimistic personality that sees opportunities, not just problems.
- Computer Knowledge required. Proficient using MS Office applications – Word, Excel, Outlook, 35 WPM, Medical terminology.
- Experience with OCHIN Epic, Ytel and Color a plus.
- Experience with multiple phones lines, fax, copier and alpha/numerical filing.
- Bilingual fluency in Spanish, Farsi, Hindi, or Mandarin Chinese highly preferred.
- Excellent time management skills to meet goals and objectives.
- Process and deadline driven.
- Ability to multi-task effectively; dependable, organized and self-motivated individual.
- Able to conduct yourself and answer patient inquiries in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to interact effectively and in a professional, supportive manner with persons of all backgrounds.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Employer paid health, dental, and vision benefits to the employee
- Option to participate in a 403(B) retirement plan with employer matching contribution
- Partial educational reimbursement
- 12 paid holidays
- Accrued paid time off with each pay period
- Employee discount programs
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
CONNECT WITH AXIS:
Company Page: https://www.axishealth.org
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Work is normally performed in a typical office or clinic work environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Physical: Occasionally required to carry/lift/push/pull/move up to 30lbs. Frequently required to perform moderately difficult manipulative tasks such as typing, writing, etc. Must be able to stand, sit for extended periods. Requires the ability to reach with hands and arms and occasionally climb stairs. Requires sitting operating a computer keyboard, telephone and other equipment for extended periods of time. Occasional travel to other Axis health centers and other travel will be required.
Sensory: Frequently required to read documents, written reports and signage. Must be able to distinguish normal sounds with some background noise, as in answering the phone, interacting with staff etc.
Environmental Conditions: Frequent exposure to varied office (medical clinic/office) environments. Occasional exposure to dust and loud noises.
Equipment: Frequently required to use a computer, phone, copy machine fax machine and other medical office equipment.
Axis Community Health is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EEO). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at for assistance. Link to "EEO is Law" poster: https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf As part of our hiring process Axis conducts background checks.
All Axis staff members must provide proof of vaccination for COVID-19. Exemptions to this requirement will be considered for those requesting a reasonable accommodation based on their medical, religious, or disability status. Staff members that are granted a reasonable accommodation will be required to undergo weekly testing.
Disclaimer: This job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, Axis Community Health reserves the right to modify or change the requirements of the job based on business necessity.
Axis Community Health
BusinessView all jobs at Axis Community Health
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?