Axis Community Health Pleasanton, CA
- Posted: 7 days ago
- $20 to $26 Hourly
- Perform input of payroll, as well as prepare related requisitions for withholding, annuities, benefits, etc. Perform electronic deposit function; reconciles payroll ensuring accuracy of submission. Ensure that all monies are received by the appropriate agencies before the prescribed deadlines.
- Monitor that the preparation and completion of monthly, quarterly, and annual federal and state payroll and accounting reports, including W-2 and 1099s.
- Processes W-4, 1099 forms and other tax payment/withholding forms.
- Direct communication with vendors regarding payments and account status; collection calls as needed.
- Reconcile accounts receivable; research and resolve accounts receivable issues.
- Post payments by recording transaction into the accounting system and maintaining documentation.
- Process/post invoices; verify discrepancies and resolve billing issues.
- Set up and update vendor accounts.
- Creates, organizes, maintains, and updates files and records utilizing database and spreadsheet software, other online applications, and manual systems. Maintains an audit trail of documents and records.
- Ensures proper authorization, matching purchase orders, receiving documents on high volume of invoices and expense reports
- Prepares and/or assists in the preparation of accounting statements/reports as assigned.
- Responsible for adherence to the controls as outlined in the fiscal policies.
- Accurately codes invoices using proper general ledger accounts and sub-accounts.
- Processes check runs weekly.
- Works with and/or responds to inquiries from departmental managers, directors, and outside vendors for any accounts payable/receivable issues.
- Assists with governmental and CPA audits.
- Assist in the day to day operation and serve as back up to other members in the department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong understanding of GAAP and understanding of the full-cycle accounts receivable/payable system.
- Ability to assemble and compile pertinent data and prepare financial and statistical reports.
- Ability to perform mathematical computations rapidly and accurately.
- Experience using Sage accounting system.
- Highly organized, detail and deadline oriented with high level of accuracy in work produced.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, a professional demeanor and to represent the organization in a positive manner at all times.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and professional working relationships with co-workers and the public.
- Customer Service – Must possess excellent internal and external customer service.
- Adaptability – Must be able to adapt to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent changes, delays or unexpected events. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, no-frills environment.
- Dependability – Must be able to be at work on time, follow instructions, respond to directions and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Must be a dynamic self-starter with demonstrated ability to work independently or in a group setting.
- Must have good computer skills using Microsoft Office and ability to use Axis management systems. Must be able to use office equipment (i.e. copier, fax etc.). Ability to type a minimum of 35 WPM.
- Associate Degree in accounting or related field, or the equivalent of education combined with experience.
- Two years of accounts payable/receivable experience
- Employer paid health, dental, and vision benefits to the employee.
- Option to participate in a 403(B) retirement plan with employer matching contribution.
- Partial educational reimbursement.
- 11 paid holidays.
- Accrued paid time off with each pay period.
- Employee discount programs.
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
CONNECT WITH AXIS:
Company Page: https://www.axishealth.org
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Work is normally performed in a typical office work environment. While performing the responsibilities of this position, the individual is required to have ambulatory skills sufficient to visit various parts of the organization. Requires the ability to reach with hands and arms, climb stairs and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30lbs. Requires sitting and standing for extensive periods of time, operating a computer keyboard, telephone and other equipment for extended periods of time. Travel to other Axis health centers and other local travel will be required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Axis Community Health is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EEO). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at for assistance. Link to "EEO is Law" poster: https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf As part of our hiring process Axis conducts background checks.
Disclaimer: This job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, Axis Community Health reserves the right to modify or change the requirements of the job based on business necessity.