- Expired: June 07, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Axios Professional Recruitment is partnered with an accelerator program that helps drive entrepreneurs to develop their ideas, create business plans and successfully launch a business. We are searching for a qualified Program Associate. The ideal candidate will have excellent technical writing skills, strong office organizational skills, be a self-starter, and more.
Spartan Innovations works with the inventors through a series of steps designed to drive towards an eventual entity formation. These steps include a discovery phase, a validation phase, and a planning phase where people and funding are identified. The end goal is to launch an entity capable of executing the plan.
SI provides many resources to help launch entrepreneurial ventures including commercial/market assessment, commercial development planning, start-up advising, business documentation and support services, mentoring programs, business accelerator program, venture fellows, entrepreneurs-in-residence, internship programs, business plan development, gap funds and grant funding.
Program Associate Responsibilities:
The Program Associate is responsible for assisting the SI Grand Rapids (GR) team with identification, introduction, and facilitation of meetings with SI and the entrepreneurial community in West Michigan.
- Assists the Director of Health Innovations and SI staff with all functions related to management of information from companies and coordination/alignment with SI staff in East Lansing (EL)
- Assists the Director of Health Innovations with Salesforce maintenance, deck development, writing/editing, and company tracking
- Candidate will have a passion for health-related technology, a customer service-oriented mindset, the ability to quickly and efficiently accomplish numerous tasks
- Help with identification, engagement, and communication with early-stage companies in West Michigan
- Become integrated into the growing startup culture and ecosystem throughout West Michigan
- Be a positive influence and team member in support of our culture and goals
- Proactively manages and coordinates schedules with a high level of attention to detail
- Coordinates with other SI teams statewide to ensure continuity across entities. Helps to ensure SI staff in GR are aware of and included in any relevant meetings/initiatives
- Maintains highly accurate records of interactions with ecosystem organizations, early-stage companies, and governmental organizations
- Assists in the development and maintenance of process documentation as SI GR continues to grow and define its internal and external processes
- Assist with management of best practices, alignment of team goals, and execution of results across regions
- Develops timely insights into events, meetings, news, etc. related to entrepreneurial activities statewide and reports information in a timely way to leadership
- Attends events, meetings, activities (as needed) to generate new contacts and insights into the West Michigan ecosystem
- Generates and enters data into appropriate data systems to better track engagements with outside entities
- Develops data systems to better understand current engagements, new opportunities, and communications amongst organizations.
Team and Professional Development
- Assists in the preparation of updates, presentations, and progress or grant reports as required to SI and MSUF leadership, City of Grand Rapids LDFA Board and Economic Development team, and MEDC
- Works collaboratively with EL team and the City of Grand Rapids to accomplish strategic goals
- Works with Entrepreneurs-In-Residence (EIR) and SI staff to ensure a high level of communication related to tracking and attainment of EIR contract goals
- Works collaboratively with MSUF staff to facilitate coordination of events and marketing, for all things related to the GR SmartZone, BAF, and Gateway Services programs.
Program Associate Qualifications:
To be considered for the Program Associate position, applicants should:
- 2-4 years office experience preferred
- Self-starter with superior work ethic and personal integrity
- Ability to work on a small team with minimal day-to-day oversight
- Passionate about personal development and career mentorship
- Proficient in PowerPoint
- Good technical writing and storytelling
- Strong organizational skills and program management competency
- Ability to prioritize projects and deadlines
- Familiarity with various CRM systems
Axios Professional Recruitment - an entirely employee-owned company - is the largest independent employer in West Michigan. Our mission is to match people with meaningful, long-lasting, and enjoyable careers, not just a job. Since 1988, we've helped match over 300,000 people just like you with top employers across West Michigan.
Good luck, we look forward to reviewing your application!
- Your friends at Axios Professional Recruitment
Axios Professional Recruitment
AddressGrand Rapids, MI
BusinessView all jobs at Axios Professional Recruitment